Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I bought my 2005 Ford F250 FX4 a couple of months ago (83K miles) from a dealer, mainly because when I looked under the hood, I noticed the headstuds and egr removal/delete were already done. So I assumed the oil cooler was done also. Well, I finally got the ability to monitor my EOT/ECT and am seeing a diff of 25-30 degrees on the flat highway at 65mph (ECT-190-192 and EOT 220-222). Would someone do all this (studs and delete) without doing the oil cooler?

I guess I need an oil cooler, right? Any possiblity a real good flush with restore might fix this? If working on the oil cooler is the answer, do I do a rebuild kit or by a whole new one? What brand do you guys recommend.

Truck runs real good. Was having a problem with stiction, but Archoil fixed that.

Thanks for any advice.

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
Once the oil cooler is clogged, nothing chemically is gonna clear it. You need a new oil cooler.

Just buy the rebuild oil cooler kit, only use OEM. Only one company make a OEM style oil cooler with larger coolant passages, but it has shown to have higher EOT because the coolant passages are too big and don't allow significant heat transfer.

In this link, the first post, you will find info along with PDF's of oil cooler replacement.
http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-...oler-service-pdf-files-notes.html#post2552117

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
You can try a flush. There is a really good write up. Do you have cat elc? If you have gold you probably pluged the oil cooler.
I would do a restore flush if you have gold or green. Only use the restore plus if you are planning to change your oil cooler.
Check out you tube for a video of 6.0. Flush. Good luck.
Oe oil cooler is what I have but I want a bullet proof oil cooler. To much $$ for me.

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
With a 25-30* delta, flushing or even back flushing is NOT gonna help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts