Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so the odometer told me the time had came to change the oil. Well I neglected to do it when I should have and the result was I went over about 1000 miles, meaning I went 6K. So I did the oil change and immediately after I started my truck I noticed it started quicker and the engine was quieter? Any idea why this would be?

·
Premium Member
10,010 Posts
I find the same thing happens when I change my oil. I always considered it was just the fresh oil.

·
Registered
402 Posts
because the hpop (HIGH PRESSURE OIL PUMP ) has oil in it wiyh all the specs it was desinged for to fire your injectors not the old worn out stuff. psd's actually use the oil as hydrolic fluid to fire injectors so clean oil is a must. (by the way the only oil i would run more than 3500 miles is synthetic)

·
Registered
402 Posts
butt if you allready knew yhis by all means ignore me...lol:doh:

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
I just changed (and flushed) my oil about an hour ago and she runs much smoother , and I only had 3000 miles since the last change! Also changed the fuel filter while I was at it so that helps!

·
Super Moderator
31,730 Posts
Ok, so the odometer told me the time had came to change the oil. Well I neglected to do it when I should have and the result was I went over about 1000 miles, meaning I went 6K. So I did the oil change and immediately after I started my truck I noticed it started quicker and the engine was quieter? Any idea why this would be?
Perfectly normal with fresh oil in these trucks. They use the oil to fire the injectors. The fresher the better

1 - 6 of 6 Posts