Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 F350 6.7 ccsb
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I do oil changes every 5-7000km with Rotella 5w40 t6. Truck has been tuned/fully deleted with a single 50hp tune for 45,000km. It has ran flawlessly but the oil change indicator seems to have developed a life of its own. Changed my oil at 82000km and the oil change indicator showed up after only 4500km of mild use on the highway. Oil appeared to still have lots of life in it but I changed it anyway. I reset the indicator but it appeared again after 50km of use. Drained oil and it looked perfect aside from a bit of soot but no sign of any diesel/coolant dillusion. Put more fresh oil in and it went off again. This happened once before around 45,000km after deleting it and I went through the same process but it went away on it's own untill now. I am positive the oil life monitor system isn't working correctly and I was if anyone has had similar issues?

·
Premium Member
11,782 Posts
I'm a believer that the Ford system can be set to whatever intervals you want it to pop a message. While yours popped after you reset the message in 50km, I'd have to say maybe you didn't reset the message correctly.

·
Registered
2018 F350 6.7 ccsb
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'm a believer that the Ford system can be set to whatever intervals you want it to pop a message. While yours popped after you reset the message in 50km, I'd have to say maybe you didn't reset the message correctly.
The current 6.7 uses a intelegent oil life monitoring system which is based off driving conditions, temperature and over all driving habits. The system can't be set to go off after certain time frame so that phases that out. As far as resetting the oil life there's only one way to do it and I am positive I am doing that correctly. I appreciate the input though!

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
You’re changing well before necessary. So I would just keep track of your miles and change at 7000km. Reset display as needed. Otherwise you’re headed to the dealer for some PCM/ tune surgery.

·
Registered
2018 F350 6.7 ccsb
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You’re changing well before necessary. So I would just keep track of your miles and change at 7000km. Reset display as needed. Otherwise you’re headed to the dealer for some PCM/ tune surgery.
I only change it that frequently in the harsh winter months when it's below -30 constantly aside from that it's usually 7000 under regular use. I think you are probably correct about it being pcm related, I'll pick my tuners brain a bit and see what he has to say.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.