Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey what do you all think about this oil bypass system?

Oil Charge Systems - HOME / ALL PRODUCTS LIFETIME GUARANTEE / FREE SHIPPING

Bypass oil filter Powerstroke 6.0 complete.:eBay Motors (item 320420667535 end time Sep-08-09 05:02:08 PDT)

YouTube - BYPASS FILTRATION 2 OF 3 FOR 6.0 POWERSTROKE FORD DIESEL

Was looking at the FS-2500 and the Amsoil one, then I came across this one. Comes complete, with an Amsoil filter for only $290.00, shipped, which is about half what you'd pay for the FS-2500 one. The only think I'm curious about is the mounting rail. Can't tell by the pic where it mounts to. Looks like it mounts to bolts on the alternator, which if you watch the youtube video the guy on powerstroke.com mounts his the same way.

Thanks

·
Registered
162 Posts
i run amsoil!!! am also a dealer for them. i run there product because it is a quality product and easy to get. if you have any questions they have a tech line on all products, and are very resonably priced, if you sign up as a prefered customer or dealer. (wholesale pricing) the stuff on ebay may work but if it brakes who do you call!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I run the FS2500. By looking at their pictures they are using the plastic oil filter cap. I do not think you would want that cracking on you later. I run with a billet filter cap.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have the FS2500 on my OBS for approx 1 year. I like the quality construction of it. I assume there are others that are just as good, but this is what I have. I have been very pleased with it, and so has my engine!!

·
Premium Member
9,994 Posts
Hey what do you all think about this oil bypass system?

Oil Charge Systems - HOME / ALL PRODUCTS LIFETIME GUARANTEE / FREE SHIPPING

Bypass oil filter Powerstroke 6.0 complete.:eBay Motors (item 320420667535 end time Sep-08-09 05:02:08 PDT)

YouTube - BYPASS FILTRATION 2 OF 3 FOR 6.0 POWERSTROKE FORD DIESEL

Was looking at the FS-2500 and the Amsoil one, then I came across this one. Comes complete, with an Amsoil filter for only $290.00, shipped, which is about half what you'd pay for the FS-2500 one. The only think I'm curious about is the mounting rail. Can't tell by the pic where it mounts to. Looks like it mounts to bolts on the alternator, which if you watch the youtube video the guy on powerstroke.com mounts his the same way.

Thanks
First let's agree a quality by-pass kit will benifit your motor and it's a great idea for you to add one. For the kit you listed the only CONS I see are the caps and the location (if you want to run a DieselSite coolant filter kit).

I use the Oil Guard kit myself as it comes with the billet caps.
EPS-20 Ford Powerstroke 6.0 Filter kit

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I am an amsoil man...great product and i ran the kit on my cummins and now the ford....no issues. I don't like the look of the one you seen for $290

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I appreciate the feedback from everyone. The bypass systems looks to be a fairly simple design. The only issue I see with the one on eBay is that it doesn't come with an aluminum filter cap and oil cap. I contacted them and they said the system has a lifetime warranty and that if anything failed they would replace no questions asked.

Does anyone know how much the caps from Amsoil costs? Depending on how much I may just buy those and use the eBay system....

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts
Filter cap is about $126 retail
Filler cap is about $66 retail

Ford 6.0L/6.4L Power Stroke™ Diesels
To ease installation of the BMK21 on 2003 and later model Ford pickups equipped with the 6.0L and 6.4L Power Stroke™ diesel engines, AMSOIL offers the new Aluminum Billet Oil Filter Cap (BK1101), the Aluminum Billet Oil Fill Cap (BK1102) and the 90-degree JIC Elbow (BP242, two recommended) (all sold separately). These new high-quality billet aluminum caps replace the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) filter cap and oil fill cap. The new caps have holes tapped in them that accept the JIC elbows for hose connectors.

I am an AMSOIL dealer too! :nod: Sign up as a preferred customer and save 25% on everthing.

Better look closely at what you're getting. Here's the AMSOIL link. Quality doesn't look the same. Lifetime warranty is no good to me if I am on the side of the road with a blown engine? Go with the best!

AMSOIL - By-pass Oil Filter Mounting Kits

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Rice Hunter
4,036 Posts
AMSOIL does have an great product! Be sure and upgrade to billett caps!!

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmm well $290 and $192 doesn't seem that good of deal. Just might go with the Amsoil system. How much are those, complete with the caps?

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I looked at the Amsoil webpage from one of the links in this thread. Seemed very confusing. Which configuration to use? Which accessories? And - how much money? Can I install it as a basic mechanic (basic is an overstatement!)

·
Registered
76 Posts
I got mine from Oil Charge Systems. Real easy to install. I've been running it about a year now and my only issue has been that the pressure gauge wasn't returning to zero only to about 25 psi. Sent them a email this past Saturday, they shipped a new gauge to me on Monday and I received it on Wednesday (no charge). Great service not only with the sale, but with their guarantee too

·
Registered
307 Posts
I recently installed an oil by pass filter system from NucMotorSports Ford 6.0, 6.4 and 7.3 Oil Bypass Systems and Billet Aluminum Filter Caps out of California. I modded the mounting bracket by drilling two additional holes and attached a coolant by pass filter from DieselSite.com. http://www.dieselsite.com/ Both filters are close together and out of the way of everything. The oil by pass system comes with an Amsoil filter which filters down to 2 microns. I would post some pics if I had a digital camera; the set up is very, very sanitary.

·
Registered
507 Posts
you can also run your coolant filter on the passenger side frame rail. Thats what i did and it works fine, as I mounted my amsoil bypass off the alternator on a piece of angle iron. i am pretty sure they run the coolant filters on the 6.4 on the frame rail too

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
None of the other options will do the job that the FS2500 will do but they are better than nothing by a far cry. Plain and simple, the FS2500 is the best system out there.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Hey Guys, I've heard the NUC Motorsports kit said to be an Amsoil kit. Is this true? I know it includes an Amsoil filter, but don't see where their website says anything else is Amsoil. What is the difference between NUC and Amsoils kits?

Can anybody post a link to the Amsoil kit for a 6.0L? The Amsoil website may be the worst website I've ever been on. As far as I can tell they don't have it on their website.

·
Registered
76 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm going to sound like an idiot here, but what's the point in bypassing the oil filter just to add another oil filter?

I understand the oil cooler bypass kits and coolant bypass kits, but don't really understand why you would bypass your oil filter.

Again, sorry to sound like an idiot here...just don't get it... :dunno:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts