Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I'm thinking about putting on an oil bypass kit on my truck hoping to cut down on my oil changes to every 15000 miles... But I just read on the bypass kit that if you run full synthetic you can get 100000 before oil changes. Is this true, seems kinda scary to go that long without an oil change.

·
Premium Member
10,247 Posts
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm...No.

10k is more the reality for oil life in the 6.0L. PLENTY of people will want to tell you differently but the 6.0 will shear the oil to a 30w in no time. Play it safe and just change at a maximum 10k interval.

BTW I have been doing 7-10k intervals since the truck was new. I have run synthetics with 218K on the original injectors. I guess I'm doing something right.

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
I would never go beyond 7500 miles.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
10,247 Posts
10k is my max limit in the event of unscheduled, unplanned life events.

·
Registered
138 Posts
On the internet, everyone is an expert. I’ve seen people on this and other forums recommend 10K, 7.5K, 5K and even 3K oil changes, but without analysis of the oil who is to say if the oil is done or not?

Why listen to the "experts"? Have your oil analyzed at 7.5K and see what the lab says. If you want to really nail it, have the sample sent to 2 different labs. I will take the words of two different used oil analysis labs over the "experts" any day.

Have you visited this oil forum? Bob Is The Oil Guy - Forums powered by UBB.threads™ Check out the used oil analysis (UOA) topics. A wealth of information.

Reactions: Jay06f250

·
Registered
637 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts