Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
yup

Using it in my 2016 F350. I like the ease of start-up, less clatter on a very cold day. Too early for an oil analysis; stay tuned.

Reactions: pjsf25067

·
Registered
17 Posts
So I bought my 2012 f-250 back in Dec 17' and I am getting ready to do a full fluid change as I do not know when anything was changed. I want to change the oil/filter, fuel filters, and transmission fluid. Where do you all get your filters? Do you order from amazon, go to walmart, or an auto parts house? I have read every post on thread and the consensus is Motorcraft filters and NO Ck-4 oil.

·
Registered
393 Posts
So I bought my 2012 f-250 back in Dec 17' and I am getting ready to do a full fluid change as I do not know when anything was changed. I want to change the oil/filter, fuel filters, and transmission fluid. Where do you all get your filters? Do you order from amazon, go to walmart, or an auto parts house? I have read every post on thread and the consensus is Motorcraft filters and NO Ck-4 oil.

You obviously haven’t read them all as they don’t say “no Ck-4”. I might be wrong but I don’t think you can find CJ-4 anymore unless it’s old stock. There’s a pdf of approved CK-4 oils, almost all the popular ones are approved by ford. And definitely motorcraft filters.

The oil filters are only a dollar or 2 less on amazon than they are at Walmart. So I get mine at Walmart if I’m in a rush.

Fuel filters I get on amazon. Prime shipping gets it here quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
17 Posts
You obviously haven’t read them all as they don’t say “no Ck-4”. I might be wrong but I don’t think you can find CJ-4 anymore unless it’s old stock. There’s a pdf of approved CK-4 oils, almost all the popular ones are approved by ford. And definitely motorcraft filters.

The oil filters are only a dollar or 2 less on amazon than they are at Walmart. So I get mine at Walmart if I’m in a rush.

Fuel filters I get on amazon. Prime shipping gets it here quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You are right, I misread page 3 and this post "That is the old CJ4 with no CK4 rating so it would be ok to use.". But yes I did read every post!!

·
"RLTW" Tennessee
989 Posts
You are right, I misread page 3 and this post "That is the old CJ4 with no CK4 rating so it would be ok to use.". But yes I did read every post!!
Basically CK4 oils are fine. The issue is CK4/SM or SN (Multi Vehicle oils). Do not use them as they have lower levels of Phos and Zinc (ZDDP).

Reactions: rdulaney

·
Registered
235 Posts
Anybody run schaffers supreme9000 5w40 ?

very good oil and full synthetic

Truck seems to like it as well

I’m about to switch to Schaeffer’s based on all the positive feedback I’ve read but I’m going to run the SynShield 700 15w40 since its on the approved oils list. I am switching from T6 and have always run synthetic in the vehicles I’ve really cared about so was naturally drawn to the 9000, but it not being an approved oil, I just couldn’t do it. Not that I have any apprehension the oil would be bad for the truck, but simply in the event something goes wrong, I don’t want any fodder for the “ford warranty denying” cannon.

I ordered a 6 gallon case off amazon for $163.46 ($27.24ea) so a bit on the pricey side, but should be worth it based on what everyone says. The kicker is that after the oil was delivered, amazon emailed me to tell me my order was being canceled due to unavailability. So I have 6 gallons of oil in my garage they gave me for free!

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Food for thought.

Mobil 1 has a huge rebate thing going on. You can google it but I got 10 gallons of Mobil TD Truck 5w40 with a 10 dollar rebate on each gallon. There's a big list of participating sellers. I ordered mine from Rural King and did the rebate on line.

The TD5w40 is CJ4 too. I think they are trying to move their old stuff to replace with CK4 stuff.

The rebate includes their 15w40 and 5 gallon buckets, 2.5 gallons, etc.

Limit on the TD5w40 was 10 gallons.

https://apfco.com/secure/R9722W

·
Registered
105 Posts
Napa has Rotella T6 5-40 on sale this month, $20.99 a gallon.

Just thought I'd throw that out there. Not trying to plug Napa, just to help avoid crowds & lines at wally world. :)

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
It's crazy that is a "sale" price. Walmart by me usually has it for about 21.99 all the time. Think they would offer more of a sale price lol. I know they usually charge higher, so to them that is a good price.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yeah, I know what you mean. It's reg 19.95 at my (Puyallup, WA) wally world. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
i know im bringing up an old post.... you guys really changing oil every 5k???
im running 10w30 amsoil and changing every 10k... with motorcraft filter..
im also strongly considering the amsoil remote bypass kit.

·
Premium Member
1,630 Posts
i know im bringing up an old post.... you guys really changing oil every 5k???
im running 10w30 amsoil and changing every 10k... with motorcraft filter..
im also strongly considering the amsoil remote bypass kit.
5k is overkill. I start to think about it when the indicator tells me to change it. That is around the 7000-8000 mile mark every time. UOA has always come back well in the green zone.

·
Premium Member
11,057 Posts
Stock trucks need to be changed based upon the owner's desire with consideration to the soot from the emissions.

Deleted peeps have more options with the oil intervals since it's should be "cleaner" since the emissions will not be "adding" soot to the oil.

Adding on a bypass filter to a stock truck is a super great idea. To a deleted truck....well it may help but I would not expect a super duper change to oil analysis.

All factors considered: Adding ALL the costs towards an oil change......5k oil changes will be cheaper in the long run. Do the math.

3 bottles of OEM 10w30 will be about $60, add the filter @$20= $80 (give or take) every 5k. OR go by the truck system.

Adding in the costs of oil reports, filter systems, etc etc etc...You better hope you can go more than 10k intervals.

·
Registered
43 Posts
And again bringing a past post back to life. I bought a 2015 F350 and it is time for an oil change with filter and fuel filters. All filters are Motorcraft because I have been using those filters for over 10yrs in my 00 7.3.

After reading all the posts, I have not heard anything on Hot Shot Secret synthetic oil. Has anyone used any of the oil? There are 3 or 4 different types blue, green, black and adrenaline (racing) with 5w and 15w 40.

Just looking for some information if someone has used it.

·
Premium Member
11,057 Posts
Don't get wrapped around about the oils. Run what you want. If you want to follow the Ford list it's there to use. If you want some other oil, just use a good oil analysis to be sure you are protected.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts