Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are you guys mounting both oil and coolant filters with aftermarket bumpers? Are there cheaper options than than the sinister diesel kit? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,193 Posts
For oil, you are using an external cooler and filter?? My coolant filter mounts up high on the passenger side in the engine bay. Most of the well known coolant filter kits sell in the $120 to $150 range depending on where you buy them. '

k

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't most of the oil bypass filters mount in the same area as the coolant filters?

·
Premium Member
5,731 Posts
The BPD bypass oil filter mounts in the area behind the bumper ahead of the pass side front tire. Not sure about others.

As @kcoyner said, the coolant filters are usually between the rad and the pass side battery. I was having trouble with your original question because of this.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The BPD bypass oil filter mounts in the area behind the bumper ahead of the pass side front tire. Not sure about others.

As @kcoyner said, the coolant filters are usually between the rad and the pass side battery. I was having trouble with your original question because of this.
But the oil filter can only mount behind the factory bumper and I have an aftermarket bumper which leads me to believe I have to mount it in the engine bay, But then I need to either put the coolant and oil filter on one bracket or make sure i have room to mount them both. Correct? Sorry about the unclear question.

·
Premium Member
5,731 Posts
I agree that - if you have no space ahead of the pass side tire - then you have to look for space elsewhere.

How far back does your AM bumper go? Is there really no room ahead of the pass side tire?

You could mount everything in with the intercooler, as well. Four screws will get the grill off and there is lots o' room in there. Again... assuming that this aftermarket bumper isn't messin' up that, as well.

Hell, the BPD hoses were long enough to put the filter in the glovebox, if I had wanted. Lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts