Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called my local dealership to get prices on filters. They told me 75$ for the pair. Is that about par or is there somewhere cheaper to buy them. Oh yea labor was 103$ so I was looking at 180$ if I took it in to them.

Sent from my EVO using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
227 Posts
Sounds about right, was it $103.00 with them install or not.

I had mine done about two weeks ago at the ford dealer for 100.00 with the filters

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The filters were 75$ and labor was 103$ so it was going to be 178$ plus any other bull **** charges they didn't tell me about

·
Registered
227 Posts
Wow is all I can say, it only took them about 15mins to do it. I had it done at Mike burkart ford in plymouth WI. I would call a new dealer

·
Registered
1,149 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Lol, listen to this.....went to dealer last weekend. Oil filter= $45 and fuel filters=$92+tax.
Ive always ordered online but wanted to see locally for chits and giggles...

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
They are $40 at the IH dealer. Plus they have them in stock.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Got mine on eBay for $35. And yes they are motorcraft. Do it yourself. Very easy and gonna save you a lot of money in the long run.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm becoming addicted to this forum, you ask and you shall receive, whether it's what you want to hear or not. I'm going to order my filters today.

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Diesel site like stated above and should take ya 15 min if taking your time. And you will smell like diesel when you are done no matter how good you are. A few drops on the hand will go a long way.

Some trucks I can get away with just a tad on my hand, some it rolls down my arm and into my armpit! awesome....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts