Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone has done the Odawg S3R intake manifold and is it worth the price ($950)?

I have a KC Stage 2 and Warren 190/30's and my EGT's get too hot too quick (1100* going up some hills and even medium acceleration). If not the s3r, is there anything else I can do to help increase air? Was thinking of swapping my Sinister intake for an S&B since it's a closed design, but I don't think that'll make much of a difference.

Thanks!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's supposed to increase air flow to all cylinders, I've been thinking of getting one too. Do you have stock exhaust?
No, I have a straight pipe and upgraded sinister cold side piping.

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone has done the Odawg S3R intake manifold and is it worth the price ($950)?

I have a KC Stage 2 and Warren 190/30's and my EGT's get too hot too quick (1100* going up some hills and even medium acceleration). If not the s3r, is there anything else I can do to help increase air? Was thinking of swapping my Sinister intake for an S&B since it's a closed design, but I don't think that'll make much of a difference.

Thanks!
I am running pretty much that same setup on my excursion with the exception of a colt stage 2 cam. On a full fuel tune it's not uncommon for me to see 1400-1500 degrees if I keep my foot buried in it. Normally driving around town or out on the highway at 70-80 I see between 600-800. Towing my 9k lbs camper on TSD MPD I typically sit about 1000 degrees out on the highway at 65-70 and 800 degrees 55-60.
I can't say what difference the odawg made because all the mods were dont at the same time.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Real Men of Genius
5,309 Posts
Who's tunes are you running? That'll be the biggest difference. I've got Oliver's intake, and can tell you it's much better than the absolute performance one. How much boost are you running? Any boost leaks? I'm not familiar with the normal EGTs with the KC Stage 2 turbos, is that not normal? Give Charlie a shout, maybe he can shed some light.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Who's tunes are you running? That'll be the biggest difference. I've got Oliver's intake, and can tell you it's much better than the absolute performance one. How much boost are you running? Any boost leaks? I'm not familiar with the normal EGTs with the KC Stage 2 turbos, is that not normal? Give Charlie a shout, maybe he can shed some light.
I run Warren tunes primarily, I sometimes switch to SPD. Warren street tune is better on EGT's obviously, but they still get hot going up big hills. I have yet to get a boost gauge other than the factory readings. I (very quickly) checked for boost leaks when I put the turbo in and it seemed fine (didn't go very in depth, but it seems to hold boost consistently and no black smoke coming out of engine bay anywhere.)

I'd do the S3R, but if I'm not going to see a power increase from it, it's not worth it to me. $950 could go towards a built transmission which I am going to need soon. I can live with the EGT's, they're not 1500* all the time or anything. I am very careful and never let it hit above 1300* for more than a few seconds.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I run the Odawg 2 and it did lower my EGT climb, along with an S&B intake (lid modified with SS mesh for more air) and a larger aluminum air cooler. If I had to choose one that made a difference it would be the Odawg. This thing is internally and externally monstrous compared to OEM.

Rule of thumb for EGT's straight from a few reputable builders/manufacturers of 6.0 stuff. This is sustained temps, take for what it is worth

1200* ALL DAY
1400* 10 min
1600* seconds unless your engine is built for it (ceramic coated components etc)

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
I run the Odawg SR3 mainly because I was in the process of deleting my EGR. I saw the benefit of doing away with the necessary coolant ports and eliminating the need for a EGR bypass kit. And of course the additional benefit of having a nice clean ported intake. I did several upgrades at once so there was obviously a noticeable difference. But' if you're changing just the intake and nothing else, the difference may not be big enough to notice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts