Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 f250 hd 4x4 and on my way to the beach it started not wanting to shift in first and second. It’s an e40d tranny. If I stopped at a red light or something it would act like it was not in gear until I revved it and would snap your neck in gear. However if you let the truck cool down it would drive fine until it got hot again. I’m getting suspension stuff put on very far away from my home where I dropped it off and on the way there the od light started flashing. This truck deserves better and I’m trying to fix it the guy I bought it off of really didn’t take good care of it but it’s just one leak after another after another. And I can’t afford a rebuild or anything crazy. Some insight is needed.

·
Administrator
33,330 Posts
od flashing means there are codes for a decent code reader to scan

a rebuild isn't "crazy" and it is what I think you may be in store for

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
od flashing means there are codes for a decent code reader to scan

a rebuild isn't "crazy" and it is what I think you may be in store for
Thank you for input, by crazy I meant expensive wise I cannot really afford to much. Last time it acted like this it was a worn gasket. I’m hoping it is something that can be fixed without a rebuild. I am planning on getting it fixed up and dumping money into it once I start my career.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is the shop doing the suspension able to read codes ?
No they are strictly suspension. I’m going to call them tomorow and tell them about the issue. There is an auto shop very close to them I’ll see if they can vouch for a shop as it is not at all in my area. It only shifted rough when it got hot which I have never seen before. I’m not a tranny guy and struggling to keep the damn thing going atm lol. It only has 150,000 miles on the thing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts