Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '17 f350 that wont shift into 6th gear every now and again. Does this have something to do with Regen? The truck has about 10,000 miles on it now and it's only done it a hand full of times. The last time it did it, it stayed like that for about 30-35 minutes. Every time the truck had to be shut off and restarted for it to go back into 6th.

·
Super Moderator
2,709 Posts
take it to the dealer. Regen has nothing to do with trans shifting.

·
Premium Member
3,910 Posts
This is just a thought.
Was the truck completely warmed up when this occurred? I've noticed with my older truck the torque converter won't lockup until the transmission hits a certain temperature.
I've never notice happening with my 2017, but then maybe I'm not paying attention to it, and it only has 1000 miles on it.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
There is a way on my 2011 that I can very easily lock out sixth when hitting the +/- buttons on the shift lever. I think the '17 setup the same way. SelectShift and Progressive Range Selection would be keywords to look for. I did it accidentally once while towing in the mountains and was a little freaked out, then found "it is a feature."

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Haven't heard back from him in a month, I suppose he's moved on. :)

·
Super Moderator
2,709 Posts
Love these one time posters who don't even bother coming back after the 1st day.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry for not posting again, work has kept me extremely busy and I forgot I made this thread. Since posting I've put another 15,000 on the truck with absolutely no problems, so I have no idea what the problem was. I did forget to mention one thing, though. When the truck was doing this, the part of the instrument cluster that shows you which gear you're in disappeared and didn't show up again until about a month ago.

·
Premium Member
3,910 Posts
Sorry for not posting again, work has kept me extremely busy and I forgot I made this thread. Since posting I've put another 15,000 on the truck with absolutely no problems, so I have no idea what the problem was. I did forget to mention one thing, though. When the truck was doing this, the part of the instrument cluster that shows you which gear you're in disappeared and didn't show up again until about a month ago.
Just hit the manual gear selector button on the column shifter once and the gears will light back up. You can use that button to lock out however many gears that you don't want to use, or if you put the transmission in "manual" setting (next to the "D") you can manually shift the transmission with that button.

When it came back on after a month, you probably bumped it accidentally with your hand.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts