Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after installing the 8" Fabtech 4 link kit and the 335/55r22 tires/wheels I have noticed that the ride is as good as stock, if not better. The look of the truck is obviously much much better. The part that has suprised me little bit is the fuel mileage. I was expecting a severe drop in highway mileage and maybe a minor increase in mileage aound town. So far after about 2500 miles I have seen a decrease in highway mileage of 1 mpg. This is the same 375 mile one way trip I had been making since august of last year every other weekend. I instead of 17 mpg I am getting 16mpg. Around town was the big WOW to me, I used to get 8-9 mpg around town due to the short trip to work, about 5 miles one way. I am now getting just over 12 mpg. All these mileage numbers are based on my gps. Just thought some people might want to know what they might experience as far as mpg after lifting.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
QUOTE=Coda;577684]Well, after installing the 8" Fabtech 4 link kit and the 335/55r22 tires/wheels I have noticed that the ride is as good as stock, if not better. The look of the truck is obviously much much better. The part that has suprised me little bit is the fuel mileage. I was expecting a severe drop in highway mileage and maybe a minor increase in mileage aound town. So far after about 2500 miles I have seen a decrease in highway mileage of 1 mpg. This is the same 375 mile one way trip I had been making since august of last year every other weekend. I instead of 17 mpg I am getting 16mpg. Around town was the big WOW to me, I used to get 8-9 mpg around town due to the short trip to work, about 5 miles one way. I am now getting just over 12 mpg. All these mileage numbers are based on my gps. Just thought some people might want to know what they might experience as far as mpg after lifting.[/QUOTE]

:worthless[1]:

cool now post the pictures man. I am starting to water at the mouth.:hehe:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
425 Posts
sweeT!! nice and clean ! good luck with her

·
Registered
514 Posts
I like how u stuck it next to that chevy for a comparison shot haha

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
nice truck bud!!!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
looks good :thumb: i have the pro comp 6.5 inch lift and ive been thinking about a hanger kit to bump up to 8 inch i like the way the 8 inch looks

·
Registered
345 Posts
looks good, what tires are those, and do you know what size that they equal out to?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
looks good, what tires are those, and do you know what size that they equal out to?

The are BFG Mud Terrain TA KM's. They look a lot like the crawler and have absolutely no siping. They were only produced for a few months I believe back in 05 if I remember correctly.

BFGoodrich Tires | Press Release

They are roughly 37's. They look good to me and I'm happy with the size tire with the lift.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts