Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 05 frame and i want to no what kind of valve i need to still use my factory 96 setup to work on the super duty brake setup? and where is it located and will this even work if not what will I have to do.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
your stocker SHOULD work I think.. but the hydroboost will def work.

You have to swap the axles for SD brakes.... which is a complete win-win to be honest.

·
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!
6,024 Posts
U can machine the hubs and get the SD brakes on an obs axle.... next time you replace a unit bering in an 05+ axle, let me know if u think it is a win win... $500 a side. If the dynotrac kit didnt widen the axle i would go with that since the kit is just a bit more then the cost of both berings, but i cant go out any further.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the total 05 setup brakes and axles i am setting the obs on the 05 chassis and need to no if my obs master cylinder will work and what kind of proportioning valve do i need

·
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!
6,024 Posts
It will work just fine....brakes will stop better, but they have a slight mush feeling to them. One day im gonna upgrade the rear lines to 1/4" like the SD instead of 3/16 but that will require changing the rabs valve and the master cylinder..

But just slap them in and you wont regreat it, i assume u have talked to cary?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts