Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my truck new in 1997 and carried full coverage through the years,what kind of coverage do you guys carry on your trucks,I'm thinking about just carring Liability and uninsured motorist .

·
Registered
358 Posts
I carry full coverage. It's still too expensive to replace.

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
F-350 PSD - Liability
F-150 Lightning - Full Coverage
F-150 Harley Davidson - Full Coverage
Mustang GT - Liability
Bronco - Not Running/None

·
Registered
275 Posts
I've been with Hartford for years, carry full coverage on the truck and car. This year I found 21st Century Insurance (a division of Farmers) and my premiums dropped by 40%, for more coverage. Heck, they beat the Geico quote by $380!

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya know I have heard fo 21st century before and I have Hartford now,I am going to have to check into them ,I guess you haven't had them long enough to know but some Insurance Co's hook you with a great rate then keep going up on you year after year,I found that out with Hartford.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I think all insurance companies increase rates, which is a good reason for us to keep looking around.
The premium for Hartford was going to be $1209 this year, and the rate from 21st Century is $742 for more coverage.
I'd checked with Progressive, Geico, Allstate, USAA, and somebody suggested 21st Century and I was amazed.

·
Registered
231 Posts
full coverage on the truck

·
Registered
272 Posts
Full Coverage $500.00 deductable. Reduced rate by driving less than 7,000 miles per year, primary use recreational.

·
Registered
699 Posts
just switched the X and tacoma to liability. not but a day later a guy nailed the side of my bed in the taco. good thing he had the 'surance. i do keep uninsured too though.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's some bad luck there.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
full coverage, you just never know, what can happen.

·
Registered
22 Posts
my daily driver honda civic I carry liabilty only but the truck gets full coverage as a rec. vehicle since it was less than $60 extra per year. I carried 21st century for 10+ years and checked rates every year as the kept raising rates. They were always the lowest compared to the other companies. Then I heard about Wawanesa adn switched after I got a quote beating 21st by over 20%. Never looked back, they are great with rates adn claims and a first class company not a bunch of crooks. They don't insure peopel with bad records though... 21st used to be the same and woudl drop you if you had more than 1 point but i don't know if they still do after AIG aquired them.

·
Registered
125 Posts
just got liability on my truck
81$ a month

·
Registered
272 Posts
just got liability on my truck
81$ a month
Wow, 81 bucks a month for liability? Unless you have some other reasons like high risk coverage for liability I'd say you are getting hosed!

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have The Hartford through AARP and my yearly total on full coverage for 3 cars one of which is a Corvette is a total of 1246.00 yearly .I just checked with State Farm theirs was 827.00 for 6 months and 21st Century was 986.00 for 6 months,clearly The Hartford will remain my Ins. Co.

·
Registered
275 Posts
That's bizarre that the Hartford and 21st Century are completely reversed between us. I gave up Hartford to go with 21st and premium went from 1200 to 750/6 months. I bet your Hartford rate is a 6-month premium.

We have two cars, a sedan and a pickup (naturally)...we're retired with minimal driving (pleasure only), no kids in the house, don't live in a big city, and no tickets or accidents...so the rate we get ought to be about as low as you can get.... wouldn't you say?

re-check that Hartford rate and get back to us...it's interesting.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Liability only. I can't afford the full right now!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts