Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have worked on older Cummins mostly and this is my first PSD. Im pretty sure you cant turn up the OBS fuel pump (or any PSD fuel pumps). Can anyone comfirm this for me. Im not thinking like some of the guys out there that crank it to the max to get tons of smoke. I just would give it a little more fuel flow like I have to a couple 1st generation Cummins.

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts
subscribed

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
The OBS trucks with a Powerstroke no. Why because they do not have an injection pump. Now the older first generation 7.3L did have an injection pump so those could be turn up. But those are not powerstroke engines.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks bigcountry, Thats what I was thinking but wanted to double check. The non-electronic turbo cummins could get some benefis from turning the pump up the right amount.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Stock your truck would dyno around 175 hp.
Add Stage-1 injectors, custom chip, big air filter, 3" downpipe and straight 4" exhaust and we saw an increase of over 130 hp. That's a HUGE improvement over stock. These older trucks sure benefit from a few bolt-ons. :thumb:
You already have the exhaust and intake, the rest you can have for under $1k more.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Stock your truck would dyno around 175 hp.
Add Stage-1 injectors, custom chip, big air filter, 3" downpipe and straight 4" exhaust and we saw an increase of over 130 hp. That's a HUGE improvement over stock. These older trucks sure benefit from a few bolt-ons. :thumb:
You already have the exhaust and intake, the rest you can have for under $1k more.
With all the mods I have what should I expect to see on the dyno from your experence?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts