Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 5956 Posts

·
Rangers Lead The Way!
11,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is the deal, I see a lot of people who post threads for a question that doesnt get answered or doesnt make sense or for whatever reason just doesnt get noticed. Well here is a thread that with any luck will be made a sticky and can be used to ask whatever you want OBS related. Engine, Trans, Axles, Interior, Exterior, performance, Anything you want

So ask away guys. I know a little bit of stuff and hopefully the guys who know more will chime in

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey is the 460 five speed tranny the same as the diesel one my truck is a five speed and third gear syncro is goin bad and a buddy has one that was behind a 460 and will cut me a deal on it if it will work

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
How hard is it to get the fuel system re-primed after changing the injector seals??

·
Rangers Lead The Way!
11,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
the fuel system is just like when it runs outta fuel. the trickey part is priming the oil system. If its got oil and you refill the fuel bowl when you reinstall it the truck will go. might take a minute but it will go

EDIT: dont drive the truck far as its gonna stutter and stumble as the air gets bled out of all the systems, run it around the block till your comfortable and its reliable then go on a good 50mile cruise to really belch the last of it

·
Rangers Lead The Way!
11,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
To Many Projects
4,171 Posts
Thanks Joe this might help I have asked a few questions nobody anserd or one person did then got lost thanks

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Hey Joe, can you tell me how to get more people involved in the club?

·
Rangers Lead The Way!
11,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
any other advise you can offer me about my truck i dont know much about diesels
ask anything ya want, im no expert but I can usually find and info

Hey Joe, can you tell me how to get more people involved in the club?
Well our issue is we are spread out to much, I mean im 45 minutes from Garrett but im down there darn near every weekend, In winter its tough cause other than a QSL meet there isnt much to do, I liked the idea of the CCR guys had a snow day where they went and played in the snow, almost a sled riding thing, got some kids involved. Family type stuff?

stupid question but witch way does the thermostat goes into the water neck.
uh good question. i think the bulge part goes down. if that helps?

·
Registered
125 Posts
yeah i think i just figured it out was looking around on goolge. found a link to diesel magazine and they were installing a new boshe pump and dieselsites 203' thermo
long part goes down.

so went ot there site and ordered me up one.

·
Rangers Lead The Way!
11,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Word on the street is those actually make the trucks run better, As ford used a 190 degree t-stat and the motor was designed by International to run a 203 degree

·
Registered
125 Posts
Word on the street is those actually make the trucks run better, As ford used a 190 degree t-stat and the motor was designed by International to run a 203 degree
correct. but 95's used a short stub thermo. but if you upgrade to a newer style (just get a new pump there all the new style now)
and the thermo i just bought (203degree thermo from dieselsite.com) is the long stub witch i have read seals better and better flow (something like that.)
but for 45bucks i wont complain if my truck will run better and get to op temp faster and get a few better mpg's

·
Registered
82 Posts
what exactly does the idm mod do and how do you do it? Is there a company that sells modded ones or that will do it for you?

·
Rangers Lead The Way!
11,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
272 Posts
yeah i think i just figured it out was looking around on goolge. found a link to diesel magazine and they were installing a new boshe pump and dieselsites 203' thermo
long part goes down.

so went ot there site and ordered me up one.
Can you post that link?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 5956 Posts