Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done it? I am wanting to do it while I am building my new motor.... Any help guys?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
If you don't plan on towing go for it, otherwise keep the stocker on there.

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its gonna do a little of everything. It will be my DD, I will race it AND it will be hooked to a sled all summer long. I will also be towing my buddies Jeep to the trails with it....

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Go ahead and try it, let us know how it works out.

Tweek-PM imelmo, pretty sure he over heated at diesel truck challange. His truck was/is built with everything in mind.

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will PM Danny now...

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump for the day crew... I lookin for something a little cheaper then the kit...

·
Registered
905 Posts
Bump for the day crew... I lookin for something a little cheaper then the kit...
Measure what space you have to fit a fan into.

We helped a friend out and let him store all his junk on our property until he found a new farm to buy....he had just sold his farm and was in a bind.

Well that was like 6 years ago. and we have just sold our house......so all the junk is going to get hauled off if he dont come and get it. :woot: metal prices are high.

But anyway. there are a hand full of semi's down there. i will check and see if they have any electris fans on them. :thumb: or with the way this guy is, he might have a brand new one sittiung down there somwhere. :thumb::nod:

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sweet! Let me know!

·
cj41foleyisathief
1,925 Posts
I run stage 1 inj with a PDR intercooler and some more stuff. The last 3 years no fan at all. Three times to MO for the Lightning Nat's in the summer pulling the truck and my heavy a$s car hauler and all the other crap I pull a round it never has got hot at all. BUT I need a small fan for when I sit in traffic.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Mine boiled over pulling the itty bitty hill coming out of SLC on I-80 going east. All I had was a the pickup bed loaded down with books, clothes, pots/pans and misc. stuff, towing a 5X12(IIRC) trailer with washer, dryer, refridgerator, stove and whatever esle fit. I've been running no fan for about 2 1/2 yrs now, never had a problem, but that one time towing. That was when I had stg1's and an h2e.

·
Registered
512 Posts
No problem here! I don't have any fan right now until I get my electric ones on. I don't get too hot in trafic either unluess I sit for 10-15 minutes, which makes me get to about the 1/2 way mark on the gauge, even thats nothing.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
suposedly you can mount electric fans from a ford aerostar mini vans. ill try n find the site.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Why don't you just buy universal ones that mount directly onto the radiator? Thats exactly what I did, My dad runs the same thing on his f150.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Why don't you just buy universal ones that mount directly onto the radiator? Thats exactly what I did, My dad runs the same thing on his f150.
personaly if I where going to do the fan deleat I would go with the flex-a-lite kit but to be completely honest with you a 7.3 runs at suck low rpms that the fan is not going to rob as much power that it is going to on a gasser.

·
Registered
512 Posts
personaly if I where going to do the fan deleat I would go with the flex-a-lite kit but to be completely honest with you a 7.3 runs at suck low rpms that the fan is not going to rob as much power that it is going to on a gasser.
I would have to disagree somewhat. The ening speed is alot lower, but the fan weighs 15 pounds on the OBS trucks. I personally felt alot more pep when driving without it on, which resulted in less pedal to get me moving. Our cooling systems are so efficeint that a fan isn't necessary for an everyday driver about 90% of the time. If you get caught in traffic it may be a problem or if you tow heavy loads, but you can solve that with a little electric fan that is regulated to turn on when it gets hot. I never experienced any boil overs so far and Im happier without the fan slowing me down.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
I would have to disagree somewhat. The ening speed is alot lower, but the fan weighs 15 pounds on the OBS trucks. I personally felt alot more pep when driving without it on, which resulted in less pedal to get me moving. Our cooling systems are so efficeint that a fan isn't necessary for an everyday driver about 90% of the time. If you get caught in traffic it may be a problem or if you tow heavy loads, but you can solve that with a little electric fan that is regulated to turn on when it gets hot. I never experienced any boil overs so far and Im happier without the fan slowing me down.
what about your air conditioning? also if anthony is planning on running an intercooler with his projected 700 hp truck id think hed want a little air flowing over the I/C. :dunno:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts