Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone knows the size of the dual tanks on a 97 F-350 longbed?

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts
size as in how many gallons they hold?

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts
well my 95 holds 16 in front and 18 in rear. im guessing yours would probably be the same but not sure.:dunno:

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm pretty sure they should be the same. Thanks for the info. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts
u bet. glad to help

·
Registered
882 Posts
well according to my owners manuel, the 97' F350 longbed 4X4 hold 22 in the front tank and 18.2 in the rear, that maybe wrong just saying what my owners manuel says.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
anyone know about a 95 F-250 with dual tanks? same? I can look in the manual, just seeing if anyone knows.

·
Registered
434 Posts
always thought mine was 16 and 16... if it's more, i'm getting some crappy mileage! haha

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
i thought mine was 20/18 eh i was close lol but a whopping 14.9mpg!!!

·
Infidel
5,166 Posts
Mine seems to hold 18 gallons each w/ no probs.
Craig

·
Registered
77 Posts
You can't count gallons off of a fuel pump. I have found some that are at least five off. The best I found was within two gallons.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
my short bed W dual tanks when they get to the empty line I switch tanks and I always end up putting 14 gallons in each one. I had assumed that they held 15 each. I have never hit a fuel light but I dont think my truck even has one? :dunno: I sure the heck never wanted to run a tank dry!!!

·
Registered
523 Posts
i switch tanks at the 1/4 mark. that way if I am in an unfamiliar area i can still have some fuel to make it to a diesel station. as to how much they hold, at 4.35/gal they hold upwards of $100...

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
i switch tanks at the 1/4 mark. that way if I am in an unfamiliar area i can still have some fuel to make it to a diesel station. as to how much they hold, at 4.35/gal they hold upwards of $100...
try bout upwards of $140. :sad:

·
Registered
523 Posts
well mine i fill up every 2 weeks or so, and it costs about $80 to do it. that is from 1/4 on each tank.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
40 gallons, holy crap!! That puts me into the 14's also. How far are you guys/gals going mileage wise before re-fueling?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts