Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my truck currently does not have clearance lights and i am wanting to install some. is there a plug that the light harness would plug into? from what i understand is that super dutys have a plug behind the passenger kick panel... is that so on the obs? there is a 2 wire plug that has nothing hooked up to it behind the passenger kick panel on my obs... is that for clearance lights?

·
Registered
800 Posts
OBS has the plug in under the kick panel...that 2 wire plug in is what they plug into...I went to the junkyard and got the factory wiring and ran it like the factory down the pillar into that kick panel. I got the wiring from the lights to the plug in's on the harness at the JY and picked up factory lights with seals at NAPA. This made it all plug and play.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Is there a template somewhere? I got no problem cutting and drilling into body panels, I just don't wanna do it in the wrong spot and have em uneven lol.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Is there a template somewhere? I got no problem cutting and drilling into body panels, I just don't wanna do it in the wrong spot and have em uneven lol.
x2!! I would love to see measurement or a template!

·
Registered
800 Posts
I laid mine out how I wanted them, marked the holes in the lights with a silver sharpie, measured everything out. It was almost perfect just by eyeing it out. I was off about 7/16's of an inch on one of the outer lights.

Put the lights where you want, start with the center, measure from the edge of the windshield to the holes you need to drill with a flexable tape or just a string and mark it. Then follow the windshield trim with your string making a line...that will give it the nice arc that follows the roof line...place your lights, mark the holes...measure again just to be sure and go to town.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I put my three middle ones a little closer together.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I did mine a little more SD style.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i likes em even spaced. much nicer look that way

·
Registered
800 Posts
This way, I have room for 2 more lights without having a goofy space. I'll have to get some pics tomorrow of it...Or maybe a night pic...

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
on the sd its 13 8 8 8 13 when doing them i highly suggest getting a knock out insted of using drill bits much much cleaner cut

·
Registered
800 Posts
Sorry for the great photos...I hope shaking camera syndrome isn't contagious

Lights under the door of my Ranger...wouldn't fit on the 350

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
that looks good man... quit shakin though. lol. i shake too so i cant complain

·
Registered
800 Posts
Yeah, they make the button on the camera so little its a pain to be steady when you try to get it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Lookin good. If ya don't mind, I've got two more things to bug you about...

Think you could grab a tape measure and tell us what the spacing between the lights is, and how far they are from the windshield? Purdy please? :D

And where'd ya find them running lights on the Ranger?

·
Registered
800 Posts
I'll do that tonight. I bought the lights intending to put them on the F-350, put they would have not looked right, so on the Ranger they went....type Recon Amber big rig lights in to google.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'll do that tonight. I bought the lights intending to put them on the F-350, put they would have not looked right, so on the Ranger they went....type Recon Amber big rig lights in to google.
or jus go to gorecon.com...

·
Registered
275 Posts
Oh those are the Recons? I saw those on their site and was planning on running them on the next truck I get, which'll either be EC or CC. That's strange they don't look right, I expected they'd look pretty good. What makes them seem out of place?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts