Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

118801 - 118819 of 118819 Posts

·
BANNED by Kris
6,316 Posts
Really like the ride and space of the 6.7's. Having 2 more gears to tow with and they are manually select-able is very nice...but I really miss the sound and MPGs of the OBS. Daughter loves it, when we go places she always wants to take the truck.

Seeing my post above yours, I need to suck up my feelings and trim the OBS off my Sig...

Reactions: EflumE

·
Registered
555 Posts
Nah... just put "sold" next to it. That way the new obs guys you help out will know where you came from.:thumb:

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts
:popcorn: :wall:

·
Registered
555 Posts
BILL!!

It's like a Cheers! reunion in here!

Well, it's supposed to be a gif, but I can't figure it out.

Attachments

·
Registered
451 Posts
I blew high pressure power steering hose, about my 4th one in 20 years.
this time at the top fitting/packing....slow leak and actually drove it for a few short trips....it did start to whine a bit as it lost more fluid and then i noticed a corresponding loss of power, but not all of it! In fact, when filling back up it took very little!

i had to move and was reversing/maneuvering many trailers and hitting the stops, always try to NOT hold it against the stops as i know this causes higher pressures....
but i guess when you are trying to back a trailer up day after day many times a day...it can happens in tight spaces....

i got a replacement hose at Napa, but always wondering if anything better is available than Gates or Dorman or whatever they supply?
ARE OEM AVAILABLE STILL?

BTW....
the rubber part of the line is very close to my belt/pulley as the IC tubes/AC lines all jammed in there...
just leave little room for the power steering high pressure line loop that goes down in front of engine.
i've never had it be a problem but i'm always zipp-tying the rubber bit back against the IC tube just in case...it's about 1/2" away.

i suppose one could get a custom fab/better quality line for the high pressure power steering hose?

i dunno, seems a very common problem with no real solution over the years other than to just replace it with same lines that keep blowing/leaking.

Had an HID light go out, seems it was a bad ground as swapping ballasts back/forth, it started to work again!
going to do a road trip soon and hopefully the lights stay on!

·
Registered
887 Posts
The hose is a poor design. I bought an oem one off ebay last. I will do the modification next if it ever starts leaking again.

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts
Just posting since it's been so quiet in here and to show off some progress. :grin:

Attachments

·
BANNED by Kris
6,316 Posts
That thing is shiny!

Reactions: alberta 7.3

·
Registered
555 Posts
That thing is beautiful Bill! Love that paint combo.

Terry... strange question... were you stuck in traffic on 95 last Wednesday up by me, near the Delaware Memorial Bridge towing a box trailer?

·
Super Moderator
12,907 Posts
That thing is beautiful Bill! Love that paint combo.

Terry... strange question... were you stuck in traffic on 95 last Wednesday up by me, near the Delaware Memorial Bridge towing a box trailer?
just saw this but yes i was. i was headed south on 95 in that ****show. i had to take some furniture to my mom's and was on my way home

·
Registered
555 Posts
lol... that's funny. We definitely made eye contact! lol. You were on the on-ramp to 95 and I was coming up the off-ramp to 141. I was kind of pointing at you and telling my wife "hey, I on-line know that guy!". Had the whole family with me in our silver Pilot. What a pain that was. We were headed to the mall movie theater to see Toy Story 4. I almost missed the first preview!

·
Super Moderator
12,907 Posts
i would have recognized you if you were driving your truck

·
Registered
555 Posts
How long did you sit in that mess? How far down 95 until it cleared?

Also, where are your traction bars from or did you make them?

·
Super Moderator
12,907 Posts
How long did you sit in that mess? How far down 95 until it cleared?

Also, where are your traction bars from or did you make them?
took me 30 min to go 2 miles then it magically cleared up. they had the right two lanes shut for some reason, but i never got close enough to see why. by the time i was 5-600 yards away the flashing lights turned off and everyone starting moving again

bought them used. they are from PMF. still haven't towed the loaded GN to see if they really make a difference

·
Super Moderator
12,907 Posts
traction bars help with 13K lb load as long as i don't mash the throttle

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
So with this chat I want to ask what running boards are you using? Now my 95 had large bar ones and when they were wet you could have your foot go between the bar and cab and break things you do not want to. Thought about the electric ones but the cost and mods. Now I do work at a shop that can laser up parts needed if I had something or drawing to go by. So want to do running boards but not much out there from what I have seen. So want to hear from people who have done something.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Reactions: BigFuel

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
No Chat in here in over 2 months... what is going on??

·
Registered
166 Posts
Well I do not see an answer to my question so am thinking that people have other things to do in there life as it has gotten tuffer or seems too be that way. But I worked through it every day and wish I could have gotten in on the extra 600 a week I could have put gobs of money away instead of just 500 a week. But running boards what do you have and do you like them?

118801 - 118819 of 118819 Posts