Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 118819 Posts

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
looks like ill have to pick that issue up!!! anyways like i said after that the injectors will be going in and then right after will be the clutch! now my question is guys, SHOULD I GO WITH A SOUTHBEND OR A VALAIR???????? im on the wall on this one
Well I know that southbend has a great clutch and great customer service my friend bought one for his truck but wanted a different pressure plate and the owner of southbend had him bring it to their plant and swapped them for free and gave a tour of the plant and some free goodiess!

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
I understand the nozzle is bigger, but if they both flow the same, how is one more powerful than the other?
The smaller nozzle on the 1's dont let the fuel hit as quickly and dont get as much fuel out of the injector.

Jim from Rosewood explained it as, they are both able to flow 160 cc of fuel in the injectors, but the 1's cant get 160cc out of the nozzle.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Well I know that southbend has a great clutch and great customer service my friend bought one for his truck but wanted a different pressure plate and the owner of southbend had him bring it to their plant and swapped them for free and gave a tour of the plant and some free goodiess!
i went with the valior or how ever you spell it because it was a little cheaper and just as good

·
Shade tree mechanic
8,298 Posts
thanks for the info on stage II's. may have to get them instead.

Reactions: Jason Thomas Cook

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
cool! see some of the guys like raul praise valair but ALOT of the 7.3 guys WORSHIP southbend so i think ill just play it safe and go with southbend. btw weve come to the conclusion that my shutter problem is due to my dual flywheel chattering to no end and is on the verge of bein shot. so im also on the wall on which one to do first, clutch or injectors...

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
cool! see some of the guys like raul praise valair but ALOT of the 7.3 guys WORSHIP southbend so i think ill just play it safe and go with southbend. btw weve come to the conclusion that my shutter problem is due to my dual flywheel chattering to no end and is on the verge of bein shot. so im also on the wall on which one to do first, clutch or injectors...
I honestly think I would do the clutch first

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
This is a really old outdated picture, but its the best one I have to show the brushguard.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
southbend is a great clutch dont get me wrong that is what came in my white truck. but valair clutches are just as good and they are cheaper. i would sy go valair:thumb: you wont be disapointed
AND YES DO CLUTCH AND FLYWHEEL FIRST and def do a solid flywheel it eliminates the shutter

·
Registered
5,229 Posts

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Matt, that picture I posted was back on Indiana soil. Thats the picture Doug sent me when I first saw the truck.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
oh and in other news i just ordered that custom filter cover for my 6637 the one that you get made to your personal likings. AND tomorrow im goin over to Tony's house (gcop) and pick up some true HID 4300k pure white lights!!!

Reactions: Jason Thomas Cook

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
thats a good pic

i was wanting a black one and can run into a cow and still somewhat survive.
heck just get an Iron Bull. LOL

oh and in other news i just ordered that custom filter cover for my 6637 the one that you get made to your personal likings. AND tomorrow im goin over to Tony's house (gcop) and pick up some true HID 4300k pure white lights!!!
Nice man that will be sweet

21 - 40 of 118819 Posts