Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys got a swb 4 door OBS 97. Was looking to get a camper for the truck, but I just don't see many options. I'm not talking living quarters camping I'm just talking about a sleek stream line camper. I can haul the dogs and any other equipment out the weather. Do ya'll know of what brand options are out there? Know anyone with one? I've seen one with a full glass on each side, but that's about it. Thanks for any help or direction:thumb:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody knows any info on a Topper? I'm wondering after doing research if a pre 1997 f series, example 1996 f150 topper fits a 1997 1998 F250 bed.....

·
Premium Member
23,190 Posts
Leer makes them still, but an 80-96 f150 short bed topper will work, 98 is the year of the E99, so that's a superduty, and the 97-04 f150 has same bed as 99-07 sd looks wise, and 99-current size wise so it won't fit your rig correctly

·
Registered
687 Posts
There are a number of styles, just have to scour the local papers and craigslist.

·
Premium Member
23,190 Posts
Just so we understand, you have a short bed correct?

·
Registered
687 Posts
doctor41baller, I watched Craigslist for a few months before I found mine. It needed a bunch of cleaning, still isn't perfect, but I like how it looks. Even got his homemade "drive under" stand.

I know you want white, but this one may be worth a roll-on paint job. If southeast isn't too far away from Dallas...

camper, topper. \\ ford f150 1981 thru 1996 //

Good luck!

·
Registered
457 Posts
I did the same thing. I searched craigslist for a long time before I found mine. It's not perfect, and the short beds are harder to find than the longs. But I think it's worth it. Good luck

·
Registered
687 Posts
lugnut1009, looks good! Are those front seats in the rear?

·
Registered
457 Posts
No, just factory rear seats. And thanks

·
Registered
1997 F250 HD 7.3 4x4
1 Posts
There are a number of styles, just have to scour the local papers and craigslist.

Do you happen to know what brand shell this is? It's the exact style I'm looking for and need some sort of reference.
Thanks.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Search 8’ canopy or camper shell on Craigslist should have some luck. I got this one for free, just had to put new back glass in.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts