Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So.....I'm about to tackle my most extensive automotive project ever tomorrow.

I am going to junk this 97 rot-body F250 that lived in Traverse City Michigan for 24 years and swap this beautiful squeaky clean New Mexico body onto the 7.3 frame.

I have my work for probably the next 2 weeks cut out for me....donor truck is a 2wd 460 so I have to completely gut both cabs and swap all the harnesses over, needle the rust off the frame, undercoat the whole frame and underside of the bed and cab, replace at least one exhaust manifold and possibly the passenger side head too, along with whatever else breaks in the process. Lol

Anyway here is what I'm working with. Wish me luck.

Truck will be for sale when its done.

Drivetrain donor.

Body donor

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The mid 90s door graphics got to go.....should I leave it white or 2 tone it?

·
Registered
319 Posts
I wonder if it might be worthwhile just converting the gas to diesel. The frame is going to be better and all the suspension will also be better. I've never attempted such a swap but it may be easier than you think. Engine and dash harnesses may be plug and pray, if not close. It would be something I would certainly look into.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I wonder if it might be worthwhile just converting the gas to diesel. The frame is going to be better and all the suspension will also be better. I've never attempted such a swap but it may be easier than you think. Engine and dash harnesses may be plug and pray, if not close. It would be something I would certainly look into.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
I talked to my mechanic and he said no.

A the gasser is a 2wd so I'd be swapping axles

Change the fuel lines as well. Fortunately I have the opportunity to take my time and do a good job cleaning up the frame.

Now that said the diesel will probably need at least one tank changed as the rear tank does leak a good bit. We will see how how everything looks when I get them taken apart, see how much work will be involved,, and go from there.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Been busy and not updated lately.

What a chore! I am almost ready to start reassembly though.

I had complimentary good interior parts. Gray door pockets and headliner were junk but the red ones were good so I ran with the idea of a 2 tone interior. I have good gray sunvisors coming....I put the gray ones in to get am idea of how they would look. I have now dubbed the truck Iron Man

1 - 9 of 9 Posts