Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on blacking out my grey interior. I got some dash pieces painted and my head liner done. It's looking good. Will have black carpet soon. And when i figure out how to post pics ill show you guys.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Nice! I was looking into blacking ou some of my stuff.

What product did you use

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
I always thought about just finding an older obs with charcoal interior and just pulling everything, but that actually just sounds a lot easier amd cheaper.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used dupli-color. i went on there website and saw a project they did and it came out very nice. went to the auto store the next day and picked up a can of duplicolor vinyl and fabric paint and a can of there adhesion promotor. right now i only got about half of the dash done but am working on doing everything. it actualy came out looking like it came black from the factory. just make sure you wash everything very good first to get all the amorall or whatevers baked onto your dash off.

·
Hillbilly Deluxe
3,006 Posts
:worthless[1]:

Only kidding, but not really!!! Really thinking about this for my truck. Seats are getting warn and carpet installed by PO looking a little ratty. Was thinking SD black leather seats, black carpet, black headliner and all black dash and int trim...

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
Very good point

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
damn...i was hoping to be the first on this site to black it out. :hehe: lets see some pics! i can't wait to have time to do my interior!

can you post up the link of the stuff you got? i've been trying to find what i can use for the dash and what to use for the seats and carpet.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it will look good once its all finished.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Looks great! I'm slowly working on blacking out my interior. I have black/grey seat covers, and got some of the black Dupli-Color vinyl paint but i haven't gotten around to painting anything yet. I wanna go with a grey/black theme and maybe throw some red accents also to go with the color of my truck.

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
Let us know about the floor covering..I just tried a ACC Vinyl floor...it was supposed to be molded..wasn't very molded and fit like crap. Seems ACC makes all the carpet kits also..so if you get a kit let us know about fitment.

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
That link you put up, amazing, now I know exactly what I wanna do with my interior, cept did they ever make a Harley-Davidson 40/20/40?

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
That link you put up, amazing, now I know exactly what I wanna do with my interior, cept did they ever make a Harley-Davidson 40/20/40?
They might've but i've never seen one. All the ones i've seen are captain chairs with a center console.

I'd love to do an interior swap like that but i'm not sure what all i can do an in ext. cab since the seats have to go up for people to get in the back. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
I know.they had an f150 ext cab Harley-Davidson truck if you wanna look into.that. I'm gonna have this swap.done in the next couple.years, I love the suede, but mite look into leather wrapped and felt roof instead, maybe a suade roof

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
The instrument surround is black on every obs unless it was painted, it only comes in black period

·
Registered
572 Posts
How is the quality of the duplicolor black paint? Will it hold up to normal "truck usage" or will it just flake and scratch off?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It really seems to be holding up good. Just spend a lot of time preping the plastic first. The only bad part is that the color of your interior is that color all the way through the plastic. So if you were to make a deep scratch you will see gray or what ever colors under it. I'll have pics up by the end of this weekend of it finished. Also I was woundering how newer leather ford seats would bolt up. Do you have to make new holes in the floor? I also feel like they are wider

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Also looking into carpet and found lmc truck has a new website with just carpets.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts