Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am working on an underhood pressure lubed truck (semi) compressor project and have an unexpected issues. I installed a tu-flo compressor on the passenger side of the engine compartment with a shoe horn and a creative bracket fab. The compressor is driven off of a pulley i welded to the alternator pulley. My lube comes from the filter block and runs in 1/4 copper tube to the compressor, the return is 3/8 gravity flow into the passenger side valve cover. The issue is the compressor crankcase fills full of oil and locks it up. The setup ran fine for a few weeks then seemed to flop all of a sudden. The compressor unloaded at 150psi and I have a 10 gal tank under the bed (stakebody) I have checked for obstructions in the return hose and taken the compressor apart and looked for blockage, none found. Is this a crank ventilation problem? I fell in love with it in the short time i had it, and want it back. I promise pics and details if/when it works. Thanks, Chris

·
Undead Member
715 Posts
Sounds like you need a larger oil return to the 7.3, and perhaps use a CCV on the passenger valve cover so the oil can gravity flow. Otherwise, you'll need a pump.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts