Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im curious why yall wanted to go to the OBS design and what makes it appeal to you? i owned a gasses OBS and it was alright but i want to know why yall got your OBS's

·
Registered
423 Posts
seats are nice i have buckets with foldin down center and they hold up strong only problem i had was my tranny broke in half

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the bucket seats are nice but mine had the bench and no condsole, howd ya break the tranny in half

·
Registered
423 Posts
I dont know i dont dog my truck thats what trowing every body in circles it broke at the gear box

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
well I dont have a OBS, but I love the way the CC 4x4s look. Just looks tough ya know? not that my SD looks wimpy by no means

·
Registered
234 Posts
To tell ya the truth my wife found this one becuz she said it had charactor,i said no thats a powerstroke:thumb: and it looked cool, pretty cool wife 'eh

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you gotta winner buddie, i wish my gf understood me spending money and time on my truck!

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,861 Posts
you gotta winner buddie, i wish my gf understood me spending money and time on my truck!
You said the key word "gf"
SHE DON'T HAVE TO UNDERSTAND CHIT!

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats true however we are pretty much married, the bank accts are linked and the house pmt is shared, im the co signer on her truck and so on,...hmm kinda a scary thought

·
Registered
182 Posts
I've always had a thing for the older fords. Plus there's not that many older fords in good shape with the powerstroke around my area due to the rough winters/amount of salt they use on the roads here. There's no better feeling then pulling into somewhere and having people give the truck a second look once they hear it. :) Not to mention the seats are the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in, when the trucks not moving of course :hehe:

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Well i like the look of them better than the rest and the price is right!

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
1. They have the 7.3 (I know so do superduties for a couple years but no 6.0's in an OBS)
2. getting rare
3. look great
4. i dont know just something about them makes me love em.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I hear ya, its the old square pickup truck and the seats are okay mine is a bench split in the middle and vinyl but now it reupholstered in cloth soo much better the old the truck gets the better it looks I think

·
Shaking the Bush Boss
9,740 Posts
I like the squared off looks of the OBS trucks. Dont take it wrong, the SD trucks look good too. I was looking for a good used powerstroke when I found mine. I had looked at several used SD trucks, couldnt see spending an arm and leg for a newer SD.

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,861 Posts
thats true however we are pretty much married, the bank accts are linked and the house pmt is shared, im the co signer on her truck and so on,...hmm kinda a scary thought
No, that's a different story then, if you all are sharing the responsibilities.
I thought you meant the traditional "mind your business" type girlfriend.

Or what I used to say when they'd get to nagging,
"I DIDN'T SAY I DO, CAUSE I DON'T!"

·
Registered
353 Posts
Had a 94 gasser and loved it...Wanted a 4x4 with more capacity so went lookin for a powerstroke...Timeless looking body from 92-97, good motor...

·
Registered
418 Posts
As the owner..... sorry extremely proud owner of this.......

I love knowing I can work on anything thats on this truck. wish it was a 96 4x4 7.3 liter diesel F-250.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Iwas looking for a older f250 maybe mid 70's but when my wife found this rigI'm goin' to totaly rebuild it this my toy:woot:

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I like my vent windows, But the biggest sell forme was, I rode in a SD with the standard mods, (intake exhaust chip) towing a 7000 lb trailer, for 6 hours. With the turbo under the cowl the way they are. it gave me a headache after a while. I love the sound of a turbo, but that was too much for me. It might just be me , but the interior of the SD seams like it has more plastic in it. Looks cheep to me.

·
Nuckin' Futz
700 Posts
for me its summed up when you shut the door...it sounds so much more solid than the superduties...don't get me wrong all fords are tough but when for made the change to the superduties they did some bass acwards things. I can't tell you how many hubs ive replaced on the superduties. We have only had 2 diff problems in about 5 years and thats after the trucks had over 100,000 so they are awesome driveline wise just not so much in the steering and suspension like the obs solid axle guys are. The stance on the OBS trucks is like a bull terrier (if you know anything about them you'd understand) rather than a bull mastiff. the thing that sucks though is that its getting hard to get parts for them. Either way they are fords and thats all that matters.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts