Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a 1997 F250 HD with the 7.3 and zf5. Truck is entirely stock. I am having a low power issue which I believe to be a weak hpop, but that isnt what the main issue is. I started off using torque pro for Android to monitor the readings and such. I could connect and read fine, but after about 10 minutes the data would all go to zero and stop reading. Shutting the truck off and restarting it would come back no issue.
I now recently got autoenginuity and started using that. Yet again I connect no problem but after 10 minutes the readings I am recording get messed up. This includes wrong numbers,letters, and symbols for the readings. The numbers above the graph get corrupted, however the graph lines seemed to still respond to how the engine is running and the log file recorded fine. I just cant tell what they are. The additional issue is that about 2 minutes or so after the loss of info auto enginituity crashes. I have tried 4 times with the same results. I am assuming I have a pcm issue but wanted to see what you folks think. Connections at the port are clean. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Have you contacted AE directly ?

Any codes ?

Low power could be fuel pressure/regulator screen or turbo plenum/oring leaks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not as it doesnt just happen with that but anything I hook up to truck to monitor.
No codes, 57psi fuel. I believe its hpop or ipr as what I have seen recorded my icp is 2350 WOT with an ipr duty cycle of 35.94%. Wont climb any higher. Havent taken ipr apart yet as trying to see whats up with the obd2 connection. Drives for the most part fine, just a little sluggish.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts