Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 95 7.3 will not connect to my scanner anymore. I had it plugged in so I could watch the HPOP pressure and because of a bad HPOP I believe, I get a cel when hard acceleration so figured I'd read the code never had a problem before. When I went to check the code the truck shutdown then restarted then shut down. My cell also went away. I'm not getting any stored codes. Also my scanner which is a Bluetooth and Android setup torque pro says that it can't connect, that the obd2 isn't active. But it will still read values like voltage, pressure, percentage, map I don't understand why it reads something's and not trouble codes. It always did before would my TS chip effect this?

What my main problem is. Is this a possible bad pcm, idm, obd short? If I leave the Bluetooth plugged in I will get intermittent driveability issues. Truck randomly stalling, not wanting to shift. I just put a new alternator on it. New uvch. New batteries though I think one is going bad. If I have the truck plugged in over night it fires right upon the morning. If it sits all day at work it starts hard like battery almost died hard. Then never gives me another starting problem. Sorry for the long post. I just don't know where to start with this. I am not a fan of electrical because I'm never sure where or how to test/diagnose it. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
First thing is to remove the chip. Eliminate it from the equation.

Then make sure both batteries are good, teminals are perfectly clean and tight. If that's good and still struggles to crank then you need a new starter. They slowly die out over time and rarely fail abruptly.

Once those issues are solved then we can deal with the PCM and OBD2 connectivity but the chip must be removed first and cranking issue solved.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since I have to pull the pcm to remove the chip would it be out of the question to just change it with a new one? Why is it that some sell for over 500 and some are around 150?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts