Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, work in Oakland, live in concord and looking for a reputable place to do some stuff on my 02 F-350 dually.
I have gotten to the point where I'd rather take it somewhere to get stuff done on it by someone who knows than screw around with it on my back swearing and bleeding...
I have mini's for that...

Anyways, I am looking for someplace to throw an exhaust, a gauge pack and a dp tuner on...or even order through them and have them throw it on...

All I have even found was left coast diesel in concord (good location) but has anyone used them...recommend..not recommend etc..

Thanks in advance all!

·
Super Moderator
19,435 Posts
I've heard the shop name before, but that's as far as it goes. I would recommend you give 'em a call to feel out how knowledgeable they are -OR- if ya got the time, drop by there to check out the shop. That's what I did with my local shop.

Really wanted to stop in to say :ORG welcome:

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
136 Posts
Left Coast is good people

·
Registered
369 Posts
Left Coast is pretty knowledgable.. Very helpful. But the labor rate is way over my budget. There is also one in Livermore. The name escapes me. I don't think you could go wrong with Left Coast if you can afford them.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Left Coast is pretty knowledgable.. Very helpful. But the labor rate is way over my budget. There is also one in Livermore. The name escapes me. I don't think you could go wrong with Left Coast if you can afford them.
Yeah, I checked into their labor rates to purchase and install a MBRP exhaust...Yikes they were super expensive...

I ordered one through a vendor here and installed it in about 30 minutes. They wanted a couple hundred to install it :tard:

I now have a hard time wanting to go back to them to ask for a quote for anything. Plus all I see at their shop are Dodge's.

I just found some leaking boots on my intercooler...I am saving up for a bunch of other go faster goodies and want to do a big install, but dont want to get raped on labor.

i don't mind paying a decent wage but $250 for 30 minutes worth of work is ridiculous, and if they werent sure as to how long it would take because they werent sure cuz its a ford...well then that answers that on more involved projects.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Unfortunately in this area a good anybody to do anything is hard to find. Overpriced parts and whatever ridiculous labor rate at twice the time it really takes.

If anybody ever needs a scan PM me. I scan for beer!

·
Registered
261 Posts
extreme motorsports in brentwood or norcal truck in livermore...

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Just a heads up to the local guys to Livermore. I have been getting calls for locals looking for our new shop or wanting to know if we are still around. Here is some current info about us:

NorCal Truck is by appointment only now. We closed down the walk in retail to concentrate more on our Online sales and with the main jobs we had coming in being gained from over the net and not the walk in retail we felt it was the right move. If you go to our old location we have moved. We are in a new building and still a full operating business but no longer advertise the location to cut down on the general walk in's. Call ahead for location and appointment please, 925-447-7800.

We still install but only from scratch builds for suspension. We may at a later date bring the full service retail shop back but as of now we are trying to stay appointment only in our new shop and tailor back on installs because like said no one wants to pay for good work and we don't want to do cheap work to just keep the doors open or gain a customer over another shop. We are focusing on the DIYer market on line so we are not turned off by DIYer's because we feel it is a thriving market in todays spending ways:thumb:.

If you need our shop service we are here and willing to be the choice that will treat you right and fair and help keep your build on a budget that is right for you without smoke and mirroring what you are getting to pull the job. Feel free to contact us to find out if we are offering service for what you are looking for and we will be happy to help.:thumb:

We will have a brand new site coming very soon so keep a eye out for that to see what we have been up to as our current site is very out dated.

Thanks,
Nick Vazquez
Owner

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
NorCal Truck and Left Coast are both great shops. I have had NorCal install a set of injectors in my truck years ago and he was the cheapest short of driving to Beans in Tennessee.

Never judge a shop on one guys review, just a word of advice. Search the forums, ask around, call them and make a decision for yourself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts