Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read several posts were people have installed O3 turbos as an upgrade, need someone to explain what the differance is. Thanks

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
the main reason is for the insane whistle 03 turbos make:thumb:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
dont quote me on these numbers but i believe the 03 turbo is 10 vane the 04 turbo is 12 vane and the 05-07 turbo is 14 vane the more vanes the quieter the turbo whine is straight piped the 03 turbo sounds like a jet plane taking off almost lol :icon_ford:

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
03 is 10 Blade, 04 is 12 blade, and 05+ is 15 blade. I put one on my 06 this weekend and yes the whistle is great, it has a tiny bit more lag off the line, but IMO pushes more ar quicker so when it hits it is alot quicker. I also build boost faster at a roll... Did I mention the whistle?? lol

·
Registered
586 Posts
The early build dates of the 2004's came with the 03 Turbo. Check your build date, you may be lucky.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I WANT ONE BADDDD, no money right now though :(

·
Registered
189 Posts
I finally found one. I should have mine installed this weekend sometime!

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Ahhh, to have an 03 Turbo :D You'll be able to tell if you have a 03...Specially if you got it piped. jared, what is your build date?

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Look on the door inside door frame

·
Registered
313 Posts
Whats the " latest" early 04 build date , or should i say what would ne the build dates to have a 03 turbo.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I believe it was mid to late Oct. or Nov. Somebody with better knowledge should chime in.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I believe it was November

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
9/29/03 is what I was told and its my trucks build date. The 03 turbo is suppost to push about 50 more ponies than the 05+ turbo. And did anyone mention the whistle??? Lol jk

·
Registered
449 Posts
what if you replace a 02 turbo on a 7.3l with a 03 turbo?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts