Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our check engine light came on yesterday when my wife ran to the store. The code is P2201 which is the nox sensor. We had this code come on before when we went a while where we never drove it long enough to heat up the exhaust for a cleaning. But yesterday she drove it 30-35 min to get her mom and then 30-35 min back after is when she ran to the store and the light came on. previously I cleaned the sensor and installed it back in no issues since then and that has been a little over a year ago. She also said that it smelled hot when she was driving it but the gauges didn't register any temperature change. My question is could it just be dirty again or is it that our DPF is starting to clog up we have 98k miles on the truck? Thank you for the help

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was smelling hot as soon as she got on the main road so the truck hadn't been on for more than 5 minutes. So I don't think it was hot enough for a regeneration yet. And it has been a while since we have seen the notice that it is regening.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just drove it 62 miles I did not smell anything hot and it did not do a regen. So I guess I will pull the sensor out and clean it and put it back in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts