Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put the DP in an hour ago, its awsome, shifts a little ahrd on the 120 and 140 but i think that may be damages form my diablo sport...unless a hard shift is a good thing? but i am def going to be lookking into tranny upgrades this summer....any good suggestions that want put a 20 foot hole in my pocket?

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
If is shifts hard while at partial throttle, that is normal. Try a full WOT run and see how it shifts. It should be firm but not harsh. It shifts that way so the clutches don't slip while making high power runs.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, it thats what it does. say i am going about 15 or twenty tho and i hammer it(only on 140 or 120) it shifts down real weird but then haha then she goes boy. Another thing when i put the lope on it down really run much different just a little higher of a rev? all in all though the power is unreal. I think the slamming gear may have some thing to do with my rear tires being bald soo i just spin when i floor it then when it goes to shift it grabs soo....not really sure not an expert yet!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what do you guys think im puttin out for ponys now?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts