Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i am new to the powerstroke world so please bear with me here. I recently bought 2002 f250 Lariat c/c w/ the 7.3 and a whole lot of mods. I was TOLD when purchasing this: It has 8'' skyjacker lift on 38/15.50 kuhmos, stage 2 injectors, stage two gt turbo, banks big hoss ecu module with edge juice w/ attitude stacked on top. 4" monster exhaust from turbo back, forged pistons,and head studs. 85lb spring on fuel pressure, heat exchanger for running veggie oil. K&N cold air intake.Solid welded tranny mounts and solid welded motor mounts. I have always owned 1/2 ton chevy's and decided i wanted a real truck. With only 110,000 miles on it, and for the price (13k) it was a no brainer to me. I have confirmed everything but the turbo and injectors. I just have no idea of what kind of power i am getting or should have. My alarms go off at 21lbs of boost and 1200 egt, is that right? Just feels like it should have more power. Iam a very fast learning person and want this to be one of the meanest trucks in AK. All advice is very appreciated

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Sounds like a nice truck got pictures of everything

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
805 Posts
Nice lookin truck!

You will want to use a website like Photobucket or similar and hoste your pics from there. I Know Photobucket.com is free and that is what i use. Once you load your pics it will give you links to use and you pick the correct one for what you are doing with the pic. Just copy the link and pase into your post where you want the pic to show up.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The truck looks good but I don't think the guy I bought it from knew what he was talking about when he sold me the truck. There is know doubt that it has all the mods, just seems it should have more power and range with my foot in it.

Sent from my iPad using Autoguide

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
With mods in my signature my truck will run 25 psi when i put my foot down. Dousnt sound like your putting out much boost per your setup

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Forgive the ignorance but what is the signature? My boost has been as high as 32 when I realized that the alarms going off was the tuner on my dash.

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
You think it should be more powerful because you think the chips are stacked but you can't stack them on these trucks

I made my Samsung SGH-I997 send this.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Sorry, I dont have a signature on this forum... forgot. 02 CCLB Dually. FRX, HPX, 6637 from riff raff, BTS valve body, 6.0 trans cooler, high volume LPOP, Gearhead tunes, 4" exhaust, 203 thermostat w/ billet housing

·
Registered
997 Posts
Ok, so i am new to the powerstroke world so please bear with me here. I recently bought 2002 f250 Lariat c/c w/ the 7.3 and a whole lot of mods. I was TOLD when purchasing this: It has 8'' skyjacker lift on 38/15.50 kuhmos, stage 2 injectors, stage two gt turbo, banks big hoss ecu module with edge juice w/ attitude stacked on top. 4" monster exhaust from turbo back, forged pistons,and head studs. 85lb spring on fuel pressure, heat exchanger for running veggie oil. K&N cold air intake.Solid welded tranny mounts and solid welded motor mounts. I have always owned 1/2 ton chevy's and decided i wanted a real truck. With only 110,000 miles on it, and for the price (13k) it was a no brainer to me. I have confirmed everything but the turbo and injectors. I just have no idea of what kind of power i am getting or should have. My alarms go off at 21lbs of boost and 1200 egt, is that right? Just feels like it should have more power. Iam a very fast learning person and want this to be one of the meanest trucks in AK. All advice is very appreciated
Hello and welcome to the Org.:welcome2:

Are you sure you have Stage 2 injectors? Those would normally be single-shot injectors instead of the split-shot injectors your truck came with. Neither the Edge nor the Banks Big Hoss would be able to run single-shot injectors. If the stage 2 injectors are split shot, they would take a rather large volume of high pressure oil to run them. Do you know what kind of HPOP (High Pressure Oil Pump) you are running? I'm not sure how to identify what the injectors are without pulling them and having them flow tested.

For the turbo, are there any part numbers on it? You say a GT turbo. Most likely I would guess that it is a GTP-38R. That is a ball bearing version of the original GTP-38 stock turbo. Otherwise, a picture might help someone else identify it.

Have fun with your truck and I hope you can make it the baddest truck in AK.

·
Registered
997 Posts
So what is the purpose of having both the banks big hoss ecu and the edge tuner together?
It's supposed to give a little better power by stacking them together. I do not know how well the two complement each other.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, I am not real sure about any of it. I know it used to be a fire truck out of Brenham, Tx. The guy I bought it from said it had a stage 2 Garrison turbo which I know is wrong because it says Garrett right on the side. He said it had all new ball joints and I had to have them and the hubs replaced the first week I had it. The guy vanished days after i bought the truck so it is all a learning experience from here on. I do have an appointment at a local diesel shot later this week to due a complete work up on the truck to see exactly what I have and where it stands. Have a lot of plans for it so hopefully all turns out well. Truck was an impulse buy while wife was on vacation in Oregon.

·
Supporting Vendor
280 Posts
First off, as Gene noted, if the truck runs good (as in smooth idle and not-really-touchy accelerator pedal), you don't have aftermarket injectors (single shot OR larger nozzles): Sorry. Banks doesn't write tuning for aftermarket injectors and any offering that will add an appreciable amount of power WON'T run right on tuning for stock parts.

jesilvas said:
You think it should be more powerful because you think the chips are stacked but you can't stack them on these trucks
A person can install these types of devices together all he wants; they're NOT both chips. One is an ICP fooler (which most IDE's know as a "10k mod") and can be used with both a chip (the Banks product installed on the OP's truck) and a flash programmer (like an Evolution or SCT). So yes, he DOES have items "stacked" and they are working at the same time. To what point is anyone's guess because it's fairly certain that the Banks tuning already increases injection pressure per the tuning. By increasing the demand on the high pressure oil pump with the Juice module while running the Banks tuning, it's safe to say that the injection pressure is suffering pretty good under high load.

barrakudaman said:
With mods in my signature my truck will run 25 psi when i put my foot down. Dousnt sound like your putting out much boost per your setup
Boost is a HORRIBLE indication of power output. Boost does not equal power or indicate how much power a truck should have. Case in point: 320 RWHP stock-injector/stock-turbo trucks should make 25-30 PSI all day. I have a truck that DOES have "stage 2" injectors and it produces 25-30 PSI....no leaks....and a stock turbo. But then again, it makes quite a bit more than 320 RWHP too.

Good luck! Enjoy the truck.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
^whs, You would have to have custom tuning for the injectors or it wouldn't run right or it would drop your icp like a rock. I've never heard of a stage 2 turbo, never seen any company rate them like that. Stacking stuff on 7.3 is pointless, dodges are the only ones that it is useful on.

·
Registered
997 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts