Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I really need some help here. I have a 08 6.4 and I just replaced the HPFP and the truck will not start. I've bled the high pressure side until it was straight fuel and still nothing. I hooked up my scan tool and before i replaced the HPFP i was getting 400(four hundred) psi max after the replacement im only getting 3000 (three thousand) psi. I it possible i have a injector stuck open? any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks in advanced.

·
Premium Member
4,444 Posts
What i usually do on this job is leave the driver side rail feed line loose. When it's all back together, bleed the low pressure side first, KOEO. Then crank until a decent stream comes out that rail fitting. Then, torque the fitting.

Bit messy, but that bleeds the high side well.

You will also need to reset your high pressure fuel table. I've seen no starts occur from not doing this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What i usually do on this job is leave the driver side rail feed line loose. When it's all back together, bleed the low pressure side first, KOEO. Then crank until a decent stream comes out that rail fitting. Then, torque the fitting.

Bit messy, but that bleeds the high side well.

You will also need to reset your high pressure fuel table. I've seen no starts occur from not doing this.
Hi KAYA, How do I reset the high fuel pressure table? Do you do this by resetting the PCM?

·
Premium Member
4,444 Posts
Hi KAYA, How do I reset the high fuel pressure table? Do you do this by resetting the PCM?
I use ids. But I'm sure a snap-on verus/solus/zeus would be capable. Maybe even a lower grade scan tool.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, I’ve reset the pcm and I am still only getting 2500psi at the rail. Any other suggestions? Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,444 Posts
It's not a pcm reset.
You have to specifically reset the fuel tables. Did you do that?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, I removed the fuel injector and fuel rail to only find metal shavings. I’m going to clean the fuel rail and replace the injectors, is there anything els I should replace or clean? I’ve already re-placed the HPFP.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts