Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so i finally ditched the glowshift gauges and started fresh. i bought a brand new quad pod and 4 BRAND NEW autometer ultralites. boost, trans temp, egt and fuel pressure. first off, they are no where near as bright as the glow shifts were and not just a little bit, i can barely see what they say at night. this morning on the way to work it was just cool enough to roll down the window so i did and not 1 minute goes by and the trans gauge is completely fogged up....on the inside! i thought i was upgrading? as far as functionality goes they work great but the brightness and fogging up is just completely unacceptable. any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
sorry to hear about that. those bulb covers that they come with do hinder the light, as far as the one gauge fogging up that is just weird. I've never had one fog up on me even with all this Houston humidity.

I know it is an "extra" expense but the led upgrades are supposedly well worth it.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
i had those on my 01. What i did was went to superbrightleds.com or net not real sure and got some led lights for them. I thought it helped a bunch,prolly cost me 10 or 20 bucks to do. Hows the gauges compared to glowshift?

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well ive had them lees than 24 hours so thus far im kinda pissed. they do look good and i assume they are m ore accurate than the glowshift. so that site has dirrect replacement leds for these gauges?

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
well you have to pull the gauges out. They is a bulb that goes into the back of them. I believe its a 194. So what i did was went to the website and ordered a few kinds of 194 leds to see which one i like the best and than ordered 2 more of the ones i chose

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i just dropped a ton of money, im not swapping gauges again, autometer will fix it. i got them from an ebay dealer. awesome guy to work with so far.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
yes, they should take care of you, if they are real dim and fogging, make 100% sure that the bulb didn't pop out the back, sometimes if it doesn't click in just right, when you install them it will pop right out.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
theyre all dim its not just one. i just emailed him. i hope i dont have drive around with a hole in the pod :(

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
From personal experience I will never go with Autometer again. I've ordered 2 NO2 gauges in the past that were supposed to light up green for my bike, and neither one of those pieces of chit worked!!! And on top of that I had to wait about 2-3 weeks for the first one to come in then send it off and wait 3+ for the second one.

Personal experience, 2 thumbs down for Autometer!!! If others have had luck, I'm happy for yall, but I haven't, so no more Autometer for me.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i just got off the phone with autometer and they said to send it in and they would install an anti-fog lens for free. he said its like a 2 week turn around though.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
I don't mean to hate on them, but give them another shot, I did. If it works cool, if not..... yikes! lol

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
Everytime I've had a problem autometer has taken care of it so they should fix you up. I keep having to send my trans gauge back because it will start sticking every summer and they just take care of it without asking any questions

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
weird, the entire time ive been on the ORG folks have bashed the heck out of gloshift. Guess they aren't that bad after all. have you had time to compare and see if your parameters are the same, such as boost numbers- egt numbers- trans temps etc?

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
At least their customer service is good. But to me it's the quality. I shouldn't have to send a gauge back in every year, or twice in a row. It's like buying a new computer.... it shouldn't have any problems.

That's my 2 cents. I like quality, regardless of how nice their customer service has been.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts