Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 f350 6.0, I noticed my battery voltage is running around 12.4-12.8 on the highway with the ac on so I went and changed the alternator and batteries, I still had the same problem, occasionally I’d get up to 13.3v but never any higher. I noticed there was no battery light when the key is in the on position with the engine off, I’ve replaced the bulbs behind the cluster, still no fix.(when I unplugged the bulb the battery light illuminated, once I plug the bulb back in it goes off)I’m spending every morning trying to chase this problem and can’t seem to get any information anywhere, before I tear apart the harness I would like to know if anyone else had this issue and what it took to fix it... I replaced the stock 110amp alternator with a 140 amp, it is keeping the battery above 12.6 most of the time but I’d like to be up around 14.2 like it used to be.. any advice will be much appreciated, tearing my hair out over this

·
Administrator
24,727 Posts
1. how are you measuring voltage?
2. have you inspected/cleaned/repaired grounds and power wires?
3 what 140 amp alt did you buy? most of the big box stores sell junk
4. how old are the batteries?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.