Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I've been tiring to solve problem on my own with no luck. Here is the issue, I have an 2003 f350 with a 6.0 with about 100k on it. Last year I was driving an it started giving me the sucking noise while going up hill. I felt that the fins on the turbo were sticking. I took the turbo out to clean, not much soot but was defiantly some, the ring inside had a crack so I replaced just ring and gasket on top, and cleaned inside very well. I marked everything and put back together. When I did the truck drove as is if it had no power, I checked all hoses and clamps and they looked ok. Then I took it to ford where they told me I have no boost and that I needed a new turbo. I said well it worked before so it can't be so. Went home, and rechecked everything, took inter cooler out, all was fine, inspected all hoses and clamps, replaced two turbo clamps and new cac elbow hose to be sure, still no power. I can hear the turbo spool it just doesn't have boost power. Oh I also took egr out and it was clean, but I cleaned it very well. I have ensured I don't have leaks at turbo clamps. Could anyone give me some added direction before I attempt to buy a new turbo. Could it be a simple air filter or something I'm overlooking. Also my map reading is 14.3 and I don't have any codes with a scan tool. Sory this is so long, wanted to thorough, any help will be appreciated!!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Check your air filter,not probable.
What work have you had done? Intake manifold gaskets good. Exhaust leak?? Check up pipes and y pipe into turbo for soot.. An exhaust leak can cause you power loss.. May sound different under power..

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
5,700 Posts
check your MAP sensor port on the passenger side of the intake manifold. you'll see a small hose running from the MAP sensor down to a nipple on the intake. Make sure carbon isn't plugging that port up.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Good thinkin.. That's probably the problem, OR, take out the sensors that are on top of the tubes coming from the back of the exhaust.. Exhaust back pressure sensor. Clean it out but be careful. A clogged one of those can make it run like ****

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
I dont believe the 03\04 MY use the ebp sensor any more, I may be wrong.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Premium Member
5,700 Posts
03-04.25. If you have a crossover on the back of your intake or no ICP on the valve cover it's an early engine. Those are the ones that use inferred EBP

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Did you perform the relearn procedure? Basically get it to operating temperature. Disconnect the batteries for 10 minutes, start the truck and let it idle for about 10 minutes. Shut it off, start it up and test drive it.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts