Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered what kind of EGT's most of you guys w/ 6.0's are seeing on the highway. I am seeing between 600-800 degrees while traveling 65-75 mph on the highway while I am not towing. With a load (boat) not much different. Does this sound about right?

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
sounds good to me, did you just get gauges?

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sounds good to me, did you just get gauges?
Yes, I just got my guages fairly recently. I figured that was about right but just wanted to double check.

I did have one other question that I have not ever seen a for sure answer to. With guages, is it alright to tow on other tunes besides the tow tune w/SCT custom tunes? I get my best mileage out of my street tune.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I towed about 7k on my street smoke tune and never got above 1250 going through wyoming moutains....65 mph- 75mph

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No problems at all with it huh... One more thing. When I switched to the tow tune to pull the boat, the tranny slipped some at first. Is that normal since I had not gone through all of the gears stopping between each one like you are supposed to?

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
No problems at all... just watch your guages and everything should be fine... I know its not recommended to do that but it seems ok if you watch your temps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts