Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is this the normal amount of smoke you should get from an OBS with stock injectors, bully dog 6 position chip and DIY Intake?

Sorry for the length of the videos, it was the only easy way to get a video with only one person.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry bully dog chip as well, ill edit my post and add that forgot to put that in the post.

·
Premium Member
7,050 Posts
yeah that would seem about right.. are you brake torquing it?

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
That looks about right. Those 90cc injectors don't have a whole lot more in them!

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If brake torquing it is putting your foot on the brake while its in drive and stepping on the gas then yes.

·
Premium Member
7,050 Posts
alright just what I thought you was doing it...:thumb: just wondering

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its probably not the best for the truck but hey, its all i could do with one person.

·
Premium Member
7,050 Posts
no I understand that.... just would be ablt to make is smoke a little more by doing that...:thumb: but like said before that is abour normal for just a chip

·
Registered
642 Posts
I wish my 97 would blow that much smoke....

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
its a nice way to paint your house black atlest!

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea, if i ever want black siding instead of white is all ill have to do is drive circles around my house till i achieve the perfect tint of black.

·
Rice Hunter
4,036 Posts
:hehe: Most would pay to have that smoke!! Keeps tailgaters off your back side! Keeps Ricers Off Also!!

You Got No Soot Problems:woot:

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea, every time i take off from a stop sign the person behind me either goes around the tiny cloud of black smoke, or waits for it to go away then goes through the stop sign... it aint going to kill you if you hit the black smoke.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey i thought the 97's had 120cc split shot injectors? And the 95-96 had the 90cc ones.

Just wondering
The CA model 97' trucks had the split shots, not all 97's had them.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
seem right to me ,sorry off topick but has any one ever got a ticket of blowing smoke

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
seem right to me ,sorry off topick but has any one ever got a ticket of blowing smoke
I was driving a friends dodge (yea, i know a dodge) and that thing smoked ALOT and a cop pulled me over and told me i wasnt going to pass emissions if it was doing that, but my friend had farm plates on his truck so he didnt have to do emisions. but i dont think the police can actually give you a ticket for it.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I was driving a friends dodge (yea, i know a dodge) and that thing smoked ALOT and a cop pulled me over and told me i wasnt going to pass emissions if it was doing that, but my friend had farm plates on his truck so he didnt have to do emisions. but i dont think the police can actually give you a ticket for it.
nice i have always wonder that thanks

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
nice i have always wonder that thanks
Im not saying you cant get a ticket, just when i got pulled over i didnt he just told me i wont pass emmsions like that. I dont see any reason you could get one either but hey you never know.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts