Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ive owned my truck for a little over a month now and im still getting the bugs worked out of it. The last owner was a hack... Anyways.. I was watching a youtube vid of some guy reving his 96 PSD. He made it to the yellow no problem...

I've tried getting some rpms out of it but i could barley hit three.. So today when the motor was totally warmed up i reved it. I got it to a little over three and it makes a weird noise, vibrates, and when i let off i get a pretty decent cloud of bluish white smoke..

:dunno: Either way i know this aint good. :doh:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
motor runs great when driving normal on the road and everything.. Idk...

You thinking all of the injectors itself or maby O rings. I do get some blue smoke in the morning for about a good 45 seconds or so.. And its not cold outside

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also would a little shaft play in the turbo cause this? I have yet to check if it has any or not.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
motor runs great when driving normal on the road and everything.. Idk...

You thinking all of the injectors itself or maby O rings. I do get some blue smoke in the morning for about a good 45 seconds or so.. And its not cold outside
that smoke would be from bad o rings

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Go check your oil level. If it is lower than normal, than you are burning oil

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea the oil level doesnt change, i already ran to my truck to check that.......... I have almost 3k miles on this first oil change..

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Yea the oil level doesnt change, i already ran to my truck to check that.......... I have almost 3k miles on this first oil change..
hmmm, i still think you have an oring issue, for the blue smoke. And no, the turbo i dont think will cause these problems.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i know its normal for the diesel to burn a little oil between oil changes, but its not where i have to add oil. If that makes any sense?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
you shouldnt be revving it that high without a load anyway,its not good for it at all.if it runs fine dont worry about it.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
A cummins guy giving a powerstroke guy help...LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts