Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are the verge of purchasing a new 6.0 F-350. Test drove it tuesday and found it had a stuck turbo. They are replacing it now, and we will drive it again tomorrow.

I have spent the last week or so researching the issues with the 6.0 and want to install the Bullet Proof Diesel EGR cooler (I am suspicious Indy will require inspections in the next few years) and their remote Oil filter.

My question is, how hard is this to install?

I have been pretty deep (complete restoration expect for body work and paint) into Mustangs but this is my first diesel. I am pretty mechanical, have a pretty good tool box (and/or the desire to add as required) but know nothing about deisels. Where is the EGR cooler and ford oil cooler located in the truck, and how much do I have to remove to get to them, replace them etc.

I have ordered an Edge Insight CTS to monitor the ECT and EOT. Where is the OBDII port on the truck, I would like to see if I am least good (for now) on the test drive before I plunk down the coin.

This is a repair I am wanting to make right away, but wondered if I should do it myself, or if I should have it done?

Thanks.

·
Don't mind me
27,557 Posts
I just finished doing mine. It can be done in a weekend. It took me about 4 days to get mine done because of back issues. It helps to have a buddy or two to lend a hand. The instructions on BPD's site are very good.

The OBDII port on the truck is on the bottom of the drivers side dash just to the right of the steering column. It is very easy to spot.

·
Premium Member
6,293 Posts
For a better understanding of the engine, download the following books.
The first is the engine as it was first introduced.
The second is the changes made for the 2004 model year
The last is the 2005 model year and the changes that were made for that year.
These books will answer all your questions about what is what and where they are located.

2003.25 model 6.0

2004 Model 6.0

2005 Model 6.0

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts