Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My high pressure line is starting to weep system oil at the crimp, right by the core support (by the radiator) and it is the line into the condenser.

To be honest I don't know much about AC systems but have access to recovery systems, vacuum pumps/gauges etc through a buddy that can help charge it once I complete the repairs.

Couple questions:

Anyone have the OEM line part number? I'd like to go OEM since this one just started leaking after 15 years unless otherwise suggested.

Is there anything else I should change out while I have the system open (orifice tube filter etc)?

The AC still blows cold and works great. This is preemptive to avoid an issue in the dead of summer while going through the desert, since I am sure it is leaking if I see oil at the crimp.

Thanks for the help

Joe

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I will...thanks

Question still stands if anyone can offer advice, what else needs to be changed when a system is opened up (aside from the obvious oil/freon)?

Thanks
Joe

·
Premium Member
3,537 Posts
The new orifice is a thermostatic type and should come with a screen -- the filter/dryer would be good to replace also

Reactions: joe blow

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Orifice tube is a good idea. Dryer should always be replaced whenever the system is opened. New o rings should go without saying, and lube them with a little pag oil before installing.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great advice....thanks

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
High side is:
6C3Z-19835-BA
Low side:
JU2Z-19D734-B
Accumulator:
6C3Z-19C836-B
Orifice:
F5UZ-19D990-AB

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: joe blow

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AWESOME guys!

Thanks for all the feedback.

That sounds like all I need for a freshening up of the A/C.

Joe

Reactions: kcoyner

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I normally try to continue the thread after repairs.

The repairs will take place next month, as I need to schedule with my friend for system evacuation based on his work load.

Here's hoping you'll keep us posted on how the project goes for you.

k

Reactions: kcoyner

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
I was going to say just evacuate it yourself, and rent a vacuum pump from the parts store, but I see you live in a more environmentally friendly state.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Regardless of the state I live in, it is a messy and irresponsible thing to just let it vent out into the atmosphere....I might as well start dumping my oil in the backyard.

SMH

Reactions: letsmow10
1 - 13 of 13 Posts