Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2012 F350 back in 2018. Truck came from the dealer with an Airaid MXP CAI, MBRP DPF back dual exhaust. Truck ran and drove great until I got an CEL for the DEF tank. Took it to the dealer and they said it was a NOX sensor. They called me while they had it to ask if it was tuned. I told them I didn't know. They ended up flashing it for some reason after they replaced the sensor. Immediately I lost 2-3 MPG.

So now I am wanting to put a tuner on it to try to get some better MPG. Not really interested in all the BS of deleting since EPA is cracking down on all that. I was looking at the Edge Evo CTS2. Are there any issues with these tuners? Also wanted to add the SOTF unit to it as well. Also plan to hook the factory backup camera to the CTS2 instead of the rear view mirror.

Aside from the tuner is there anything else anyone would recommend for better MPG? I know the CTS2 comes with tunes but I'd rather have custom tunes for my truck.

I did search but didn't find much on the CTS2. If there are any reasons to look at a different tuner, I'd be interested in hearing them as well.

Thanks

·
Drunk Post Extraordinair
971 Posts
DP tuner is the walking dog around here for emissions on tuning.

No experience personally but never heard anything bad about them. Someone will be along soon that has their tunes I’m sure.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
After I undeleted and before I sold my truck I got a DP tune just to try it out and noticed a difference. Since I had my GTX still I used that as a monitor, but you can always get the nGauge from DP that is a monitor and the tunes will be written into that so it's all in one. You can get just a trans tune, tow and performance tune. My truck worked best as far as regens went in performance mode.

To answer your question as to why they flashed it after they fixed that, my truck had the same issue for DEF and NOx sensor related codes and there was a new PCM update reflecting the NOx sensor. Personally I noticed a difference after they flashed it, truck was much peppier and my fuel mileage stayed the same.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I am running Proven Tuning +100 emission-on & matched TCM tune..... I am using my iPhone and EZlynk and it is so easy. That is max for me being I have a 2011 and its on the original turbo

·
Vendor
12,812 Posts
I bought a 2012 F350 back in 2018. Truck came from the dealer with an Airaid MXP CAI, MBRP DPF back dual exhaust. Truck ran and drove great until I got an CEL for the DEF tank. Took it to the dealer and they said it was a NOX sensor. They called me while they had it to ask if it was tuned. I told them I didn't know. They ended up flashing it for some reason after they replaced the sensor. Immediately I lost 2-3 MPG.

So now I am wanting to put a tuner on it to try to get some better MPG. Not really interested in all the BS of deleting since EPA is cracking down on all that. I was looking at the Edge Evo CTS2. Are there any issues with these tuners? Also wanted to add the SOTF unit to it as well. Also plan to hook the factory backup camera to the CTS2 instead of the rear view mirror.

Aside from the tuner is there anything else anyone would recommend for better MPG? I know the CTS2 comes with tunes but I'd rather have custom tunes for my truck.

I did search but didn't find much on the CTS2. If there are any reasons to look at a different tuner, I'd be interested in hearing them as well.

Thanks
Custom tunes will be much better than canned. We dont really push anyone towards EDGE for Ford tuning either, but the Insight monitor is tough to beat.

These are the options we have if you are interested.

https://cncfab.us/c-1390302-shop-by-brand-psg-performance-tuning.html

After I undeleted and before I sold my truck I got a DP tune just to try it out and noticed a difference. Since I had my GTX still I used that as a monitor, but you can always get the nGauge from DP that is a monitor and the tunes will be written into that so it's all in one. You can get just a trans tune, tow and performance tune. My truck worked best as far as regens went in performance mode..
We just got word that nGauge has completely pulled out of the tuning hardware market. From one of the shops I deal with quite often, he said he got an email from them to send back all devices on the shelf back to them for reimbursement. Not sure why, as I was just about to add nGauge to the site.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Thanks
Custom tunes will be much better than canned. We dont really push anyone towards EDGE for Ford tuning either, but the Insight monitor is tough to beat.

These are the options we have if you are interested.

https://cncfab.us/c-1390302-shop-by-brand-psg-performance-tuning.html

After I undeleted and before I sold my truck I got a DP tune just to try it out and noticed a difference. Since I had my GTX still I used that as a monitor, but you can always get the nGauge from DP that is a monitor and the tunes will be written into that so it's all in one. You can get just a trans tune, tow and performance tune. My truck worked best as far as regens went in performance mode..
We just got word that nGauge has completely pulled out of the tuning hardware market. From one of the shops I deal with quite often, he said he got an email from them to send back all devices on the shelf back to them for reimbursement. Not sure why, as I was just about to add nGauge to the site.
Is there anything wrong with the evolution sct2?What's the issue with Edge for Ford tuning? I mainly was looking at them because of the ability to hook the backup camera to the screen as well as the monitoring. I'm pretty illiterate with this tuning stuff. I stopped working on my cars about the time efi took off. 😆

·
Registered
142 Posts
PPEI and Calibrated Power have custom tunes available for the CTS2 emissions present. SOTF option is available with both. I personally run PPEI via EZLYNK and my brother runs Calibrated Power via EZLYNK and both have been solid so far. Calibrated Power no longer sells the CTS2 as they have moved to the EZLYNK platform, but some retailers still offer them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
12,812 Posts
Is there anything wrong with the evolution sct2?What's the issue with Edge for Ford tuning? I mainly was looking at them because of the ability to hook the backup camera to the screen as well as the monitoring. I'm pretty illiterate with this tuning stuff. I stopped working on my cars about the time efi took off. 😆
EDGE canned tunes just leave trans shifting to be more desired. They really never have focused on Ford or GM for that matter like they do Dodge.

We used to have custom tuning on EDGE devices, but they got dropped last year because their HP Tuners based software is very lacking compared to SCT and Ez Lynk.

https://cncfab.us/i-30499012-ez-lynk-auto-agent-2-0-w-psg-custom-tuning-psg-ezlk-aa.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts