Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive looked around on here for awhile now and im finally stumped. I have a 2003 6.0. Everytime I hit a bump or if you slam thee hood the truck will shut off the fuel pump wont cycle until you slam the hood again. Sometimes After you get the fuel pump to cycle again and start it up it will lope really bad dumping black smoke with no throttle what so ever, I took it to the dealer today they did a recall on it didnt help it a but they hooked it up to the computer and everythings fine they checked the FCIM and its good also. Also after I go over a bump I loose almost all my throttle responce until i let off and get back into it then its fine for 100 yards then it will just shut off and throw P0237, I seen someone say something about a fuse so im going to try and find that then go from there Any imput you guys have ill take in and try in out.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Map sensor circuit short to ground or open circuit or bad sensor. Check wires for chafes or breaks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll check that thank you. Could a smoke switch have anything do do with this?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Ummnnn not shure where does it tie into the electics?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It ties into the vgt on the turbo, you just run a toggle switch on it and when you turn the vgt off it tricks it making the motor think it has max air and dumps more fuel, what I was thinking is maybe that messed the vgt or mad up or caused low volts. I've had it on there since last summer. All your doing is basically unplugging the vgt with a toggle switch

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 5 of 5 Posts