Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good and bad news:

Good news is I got my new HPOP line installed today; I had to get a couple of adapters to make it fit, but it works.

Bad news: As the title says, now it won't start. I can't tell what the oil or fuel PSI is; I did recheck all electrical connections. One bad thing (don't know if it may have an effect) I grounded a wrench to the back of the alternator for a second. The wire, other than the outer insulator, looks fine and doesn't smell burnt. The oil level is spot on, as well.

It didn't look like there were any check valves on the head side, but there did seem to be one coming out of the HPOP (it seemed to work fine). Other than cracking the line open again, what else can I check? This is going to gnaw at me unitl she runs again!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And it just keeps getting better:

While re-checking all fuel lines the line going into the FPR snapped off at the fitting. Don't know if this is a cause or unrelated, though I'm sure it didn't help. Does anyone know of a braided replacement?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The fuel pressure gage did show 20-30 psi after cranking for a few moments; I'll have to turn the gage around and check while cranking. To me, this indicates that oil pressure may not be a problem and I'll have to check deeper.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts