Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a few months ago i did headgaskets and EGR delete and the truck wouldnt start it crank and had power but wouldnt turn over took it to the dealer and said they had to open up the IPR sensor manually the guy said it could happen again and it might not...Went out tonight to go start it and samething happen wont start got power strong crank... you guys think that the IPR shut again and i should replace it? thanks

·
Tennessee Powerstrokes
2,830 Posts
So a few months ago i did headgaskets and EGR delete and the truck wouldnt start it crank and had power but wouldnt turn over took it to the dealer and said they had to open up the IPR sensor manually the guy said it could happen again and it might not...Went out tonight to go start it and samething happen wont start got power strong crank... you guys think that the IPR shut again and i should replace it? thanks
That would be my advice. You could pull it and check it out.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i pulled it out this morning truck got 125k on it and like i said before when i put the headgaskets in and everything else it wouldnt start cuz the IPR sensor was bad dealer had to command it to open on there scanner then it fired right up the tech said so i pulled it out this morning and wiring the harness clips into the sensor it was alot of play in it and the new one doesnt at all and also at the end of the sensor there is a 3 piece net and one of the sections is crack so something could of got in there debis or something and thats why the valve wont open and with it not opening the truck computer cant read 500 PSI and thats what it needs to read in order to start. I gotta order the new one and put it in ill keep you guys updated on it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts