Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '04 PSD w/ 150,000 miles developed a slight miss while towing a fifth wheel. I noticed the miss at idle speed and shut the truck down. When I tried to restart, it would spin over but no start. I let it sit overnight and fired up the next morning. The miss was still there, but not quite as noticeable. Since then, I've noticed that the truck will crank if the engine is cold, but won't if it's hot. I chalk this up to an oil pressure problem... thinner oil, no start, thicker oil starts? I've replaced the IPR twice over the years. Could this be yet another IPR failure? Waiting to hear if anyone has heard of this before I pay the $$$ to have the truck taken 50 miles to the nearest dealer/service tech to pull codes.

·
Registered
344 Posts
sounds like what happened to my 05. motor would get warm when i shut it down wouldnt restart till it cooled some. hopefully a tech that know whats going on can chime in and help. good luck

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
This could be a leak at many different points in the HP oil system. Every connection point and each plug are sealed with o-rings any of which can be damaged and leak. From the pump itself to the pipeing and any point in between.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
From My experience I am leaning toward dummy plugs in the oil rails. JJ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts