Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im heading to troubleshoot a 05 f250 6.0l next week and was looking for some test procedures. i did a search but didnt come up with any common diy test stickys.

where and how to test HPO
how to test the ICP sensor
how to test the crank sensor
how to test the FICM

and anything else that i might need to take a look at.
thanks guys
great site

·
Fuel it up again Dummy
5,721 Posts
Do you have a scan tool?

A ScanguageII is very inexpensive, around $160.00 at Auto Zone and works on any vehicle with a OBDII port.
It has a X guage function and can be programmed to read everything the PCM reads on the F250 and will make trouble shooting much easier.
It will read codes as well and can be left plugged into the truck to montor engine temps/pressures and values while driving the vehicle. The guages that come with the truck are by all means worthless and I really mean that, nobody will argue that point. lol

Get yourself that or whichever brand you like and plug into the OBDII port and pull up the values. Post them and we will help you through it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya ive got a bluepoint microscan and noregon jpro wireless obd2 on my laptop.

im just trying to be as prepared as possible before i go look at this truck. im a med/heavy truck guy, dont really do a lot with these lil v8s.:D

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Watch ficm voltages, make sure they dont drop below 48. Watch rpm's to make sure the crank sensor is working. Watch ICP to check oil pressure, it needs to be atleast 500 to start.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts