Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is my PCM gone? Don't know if any of you have kep up with my most recent problem. But I got it posted in this section as well.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IM getting a wait to start light, replaced CPS going to try it in the morning.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Finally got enough juice to try to crank the truck. Hooked up mu cheap super chips scanner and got p0344 and p1661. I did just replace the CPS but whose to say the new one isnt bad and my old ones good.

What would trip a 1661 code? The truck has been having a rough idle on a cold start, and I mean rough before it died it would sound like a miss then slowly die on its own. It would take about 20 cranks to get it running again. IF I plugged the truck in over night, I get none of these problems.

Now the trucks sitting dead in my driveway, yet I have it up for sale with people wanting to buy it lol.

·
BANNED by Kris
6,322 Posts
Output Circuit Check is low. Hopefully it's the weak batteries. With the key in the "run" position pull the connector off the MAP sensor. Using a DVOM see if one of the female pins is suppling 5v reference.

-Yes? Reconnect and move to the EBPS and do the same thing.

-No? Check all under hood fuses and test again. Still no? Possible popped PCM.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update on truck, still won't start.

No smoke out exhaust
Tach bounces when cranking
Wait to start light comes on like normal.
Cranks great with good voltage.

Got a buddy with a spare IDM and PCM, but I am leaning towards the IDM since my rpm and everything else is working.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
update, swapped a good idm/pcm into the truck still no start.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I'm subscribed to this. I'm having the same problems. Checked fuel pressure hpop uvch and everything checks out. Has a cps code and no tach moving. New CPs and the tach moves but still no start

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

·
BANNED by Kris
6,322 Posts
Pull the ICP connector. Looking into the connector (with the retention clip on top) the top left pin should have 5v with the key in run. Does it?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Pull the ICP connector. Looking into the connector (with the retention clip on top) the top left pin should have 5v with the key in run. Does it?
I pulled it yesterday and cranked it and it threw a ICP code, plugged it back in and cranked it. Code went away, led me to believe it was good. I can't find my damn meter to check voltage:doh:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What about the IPR is it out of question?

·
BANNED by Kris
6,322 Posts
No but without a meter it's hard to tell whether its a problem or not.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Watching a couple other threads, still no update. Still sitting dead in the driveway. Swapped pcm and IDM for a known good one and nothing. Tach will bounce when cranking but still no start....

Had a buddy bring a nice scanner over but said he couldnt get much of anything to come up except a keep alive memory code. I tried hooking my superchips scanner up to the OBD2 port but it wouldn't even connect now, never had a problem before.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Finally found my meter, so hopefully i can narrow things down now. Thanks for all the help big fuel, where should I even begin now.

·
BANNED by Kris
6,322 Posts
Here are all of the meter readings you should be seeing with the volt meter. Back probe the connectors, don't scrape or puncture the shielding. That creates a permeant resistance in the line. Don't forget that clicking the yellow bar gives you a better image. Right click and paste in word. Then print and take to your truck for testing. Happy thanksgiving.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you sir, I will be doing this saturday morning.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ICP turned out to be good, hooked up my cheap scanner to run gauges and got

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.