Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Yeah, that fan harness is what I getting at -- it likes to rub thru on the fan shroud and then back at the engine where it is supposed to be tied

If the fan harness shorts out it will kill the engine

AE is a nice tool, but I would have recommended ForScan for your laptop -- just as nice and a lot less expense -- and the BAFX or ObdLink MX adapter
Let us know how well the AE works out -- I been thinking on getting it so I can be more helpful on the forum, but the cash is not there yet .
I'll check that fan wiring, I'll let you know on the AE as well. I needed to upgade since i take care of 6 vehichles 4 of which are OBDII. None of them are as tricky as my superduty though. I love my truck though. I got over 200k before having any real trouble.I did the blue spring update and changed to a fleet coolant when I got it and that is the only major work I've done prior to some major wrenching not that long ago.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I belive I have it fixed, I'll post pics and explanation soon.

Reactions: mlgjellybean123

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
I won't know for sure if all my symptoms are gone till I can run the truck for an extended time. I can't since I broke my degas bottles expansion tank hose when moving the degas bottle out of the way to get to the IPR wiring harness. The harness and plug looked fine all the way back. Since the degas bottle wasn't in I had the wire pulled over in the area it would have been in. With my light on the wire I inadvertantly saw what is most likely the root cause of all my issues. One of the harness plugs that is over on the driver fender well wasn't snapped all the way in. so I retapped heat shielding and reinstalled everything. I make shift blocked off my coolant hose that had snapped. After maybe 3 seconds longer than a normal crank cycle she fired up and ran. I shut it down almost immediatly to make sure coolant wasn't going everywhere. once I verified that I restarted it immediately. She fired right up. I pulled the plug open a bit more to easily identify which one wasn't clipped. This has to be from when I had the cab off to replace the up pipe and the y pipe behind the turbo.
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design

Thank you guys for helping, I was suprised at the amount of wire ends I found that are giving up right at there plugs while hunting for this.

·
Premium Member
2,840 Posts
Good hunting.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Drove it for 30 minutes today seems to be fixed.......

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Driving absolutly fine after several trips, the valve shut off may have done some seal damage however, seems I now have a oil leak and small coolant leak🤬😦

21 - 27 of 27 Posts